Thread: is K/N filter a good choice to replace stock ????

is K/N filter a good choice to replace stock ????

I want to know is K/N filter a better choice that the stock air filter i think mine on my bike has never been changed since it was new ...

It is made up of a less restrictive cotton gauze material than a paper filter and it can and should be cleaned and oiled for good flow and catching contaminants, that said it will get finer particles passing through it than a stock filter would. I can't say its louder with a stock inner air box lid but I run it and a completely open inner air box lid and the induction noise it much louder than a stock setup.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbonedc View Post
    I want to know is K/N filter a better choice that the stock air filter i think mine on my bike has never been changed since it was new ...

yes.
    note: contrary to popular opinion and internet falsehoods a K&N filter relies on a certain amount of trapped dirt, dust and contaminants to increase its filtering and air-flow abilities. read the instruction sheet CAREFULLY before cleaning same.
    Last edited by user_deleted; 05-17-2017 at 08:27 AM.

^^^^^^^^^^ what John said . I would not clean it frequently, only if you live in a really dust , dirty area
    Last edited by rchuff; 05-17-2017 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    yes.
    note: contrary to popular opinion and internet falsehoods a K&N filter relies on a certain amount of trapped dirt, dust and contaminants to increase its filtering and air-flow abilities. read the instruction sheet CAREFULLY before cleaning same.
    Seriously? I've been feeling bad for not cleaning the thing even though it doesn't look too bad! I feel better now

OK, now I don't feel guilty about not cleaning my K&N since I installed it 3 years ago... lol

Sweet, was going to clean the filter this weekend....
    Appears I may have a few more years left on this one:
    IMG_5361.jpg

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobe1 View Post
    Sweet, was going to clean the filter this weekend....
    Appears I may have a few more years left on this one:
    IMG_5361.jpg

ya know what stevie....................e6da6618a14ff7f285bb6ba754a544d7.jpg

Banned
    I cleaned and oiled my K&N air filter according service interval. Do not put too much oil on it and do not install it instantly after reoiling, just put oil liberally and ignore some dry spots, then let it sit for a few days, dry spots will gone and oil excess will flow down, swipe oil excess and install the refreshed filter. I also recommend you go under airbox in a few weeks after refreshing the air filter and clean all oil drown down from the filter.