Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buyer's remorse seller point of view

Buyer's remorse seller point of view

Sold my Ulysses a couple of months ago. Buyer looked at the bike twice. I showed him every thing I knew that was wrong, even held it for a week waiting on him while getting calls on it. 08 uly 37000 mi $3150.00 and even gave him a new set of pilot powers. Texted me complaining about finish flaking on swingarm (which I showed him)having to do a 40000mi o2 sensor replacement and oil change. Now he's saying the intake seals are bad and the computer is bad. He said he has $1200 in repairs already. What to do

Quote Originally Posted by beadrunner View Post
    Sold my Ulysses a couple of months ago. Buyer looked at the bike twice. I showed him every thing I knew that was wrong, even held it for a week waiting on him while getting calls on it. 08 uly 37000 mi $3150.00 and even gave him a new set of pilot powers. Texted me complaining about finish flaking on swingarm (which I showed him)having to do a 40000mi o2 sensor replacement and oil change. Now he's saying the intake seals are bad and the computer is bad. He said he has $1200 in repairs already. What to do
    So you got the cash and he took the bike already or nah? Haha Seriously though, only you can make the call, if you are still sitting on the bike and no money changed hands just tell him there is plenty of people interested and it sounds like it not something he is ready to dive into... OR he is just seeing how low/desperate you are willing to let it go for. If he picked up a second hand ECM he'd be all in for about $200 - $250 on what you just listed if done by himself.

Where is he located ? If he is close to one of the guys here, he could just give that person the $ and they'll fix it for him or, he could come on here and they'll help him fix it himself. It has nothing to do with you anymore, you sold it, he bought it !

Banned
    Say him this is 10 years old Buell, and he should expect all those troubles and even more, that's why you sell the motorcycle for so low price and gave him new set of tires in addition. Also say him that he should do some research before buying a motorcycle, and give him advise that he needs to do some research before fixing and maintaining his Buell if he wants to save money. 1200$ repair sounds like he bought new swingarm and new engine because of the original stuff has some scratches.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 05-17-2017 at 05:31 AM.

Inactive
    your story: you sold someone a 9 year old motorcycle "as is-where is" with no warranty expressed or implied.
    buyer was a "tire-kicker" type who had to "look" at the ulysses 2X and stall for a week before pulling the trigger on the purchase.

time lapse: buyer has ridden the bike several months, accrued approx. 3000 miles on same....and now among other things is "complaining" that it needs an oil change? seriously?

let me tell you 2 things here: first is that this type of clown is the PRECISE TYPE of individual that if the situation was reversed he wouldn't even take the time to reply to YOUR texts let alone offer assistance. i know the type well.
    secondly you are asking what to do? YOU DO NOTHING. simple as that.

Thanks for the advice I told him about the forum and how helpful it is

Oh no, now we're going to get him ! Just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    Oh no, now we're going to get him ! Just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    your story: you sold someone a 9 year old motorcycle "as is-where is" with no warranty expressed or implied.
    buyer was a "tire-kicker" type who had to "look" at the ulysses 2X and stall for a week before pulling the trigger on the purchase.

time lapse: buyer has ridden the bike several months, accrued approx. 3000 miles on same....and now among other things is "complaining" that it needs an oil change? seriously?

let me tell you 2 things here: first is that this type of clown is the PRECISE TYPE of individual that if the situation was reversed he wouldn't even take the time to reply to YOUR texts let alone offer assistance. i know the type well.
    secondly you are asking what to do? YOU DO NOTHING. simple as that.
    +1 Anytime you buy a used vehicle, no matter how good the apparent condition and how honest the seller, there is an inherent risk to the buyer that some work will need to be done on the bike (I say this having had to do quite a bit of work to the 09 XB12Ss I bought). Don't let this buyer's frustrations about having to do a bit of maintenance on a used motorcycle cause any loss of sleep on your part.

It sounds like you did you due diligence with pointing out the flaws you knew about. Your job of being an honest seller is done.

He can like it, or he can hate it, you owe him nothing more. You don't need to listen to his whining that he bought a used vehicle for a fair price and OMG! it needs work!! Needs an "oil change"!?! Sheesh, I'd hang up right there.

If he comes to this forum and asks for help, I'm sure we'll try to lead him in the right direction.

My favorite quote (I might have made up myself) is "You can't help someone who won't help themselves".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast