Thread: Left side air scoop

Question Left side air scoop

I have a 06 xb9sx and am looking for a larger left side air scoop. The factory one does not work well where I live in South Texas. Are there any aftermarket products that are better than factory? I am tired of hearing the fan run nonstop and burning my leg every day.

I don't think there are any options for the left side that cool better than the OEM but have you installed the RSS option? There is also a heat shield for the rear header that can help with over heating your leg.

No i haven't tried anything as of yet. Does anyone know how much of a difference the RSS makes as far as temp goes for the rear cylinder? Also where is the best place to get the RSS as I live in the middle of nowhere and all the dealers within 100 miles will not even talk to me about Buell parts.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by raybeka1 View Post
    No i haven't tried anything as of yet. Does anyone know how much of a difference the RSS makes as far as temp goes for the rear cylinder? Also where is the best place to get the RSS as I live in the middle of nowhere and all the dealers within 100 miles will not even talk to me about Buell parts.
    the OEM RSS setup was part of the ulysses comfort kit. all parts still available and to answer your question....YES...it makes quite a bit of difference. the more air you can funnel into an air-cooled motor particularly around the cylinder head and exhaust port area the better off both you and your XB will be. it's money well spent. every single one of my XB's receives these parts.

here's what you'll need. either have local dealer order up or order online. all items still available.

any H-D dealer can order for you or try online sites like surdyke...lancaster H-D...new castle H-D
    numbers and quantities as follows:
    inner scoop....quantity 1....# M0852.7AA
    outer scoop....quantity 1....# M0851.7AA
    attachment screws....quantity 3....# AN1005.3FSS

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    the OEM RSS setup was part of the ulysses comfort kit. all parts still available and to answer your question....YES...it makes quite a bit of difference. the more air you can funnel into an air-cooled motor particularly around the cylinder head and exhaust port area the better off both you and your XB will be. it's money well spent. every single one of my XB's receives these parts.

here's what you'll need. either have local dealer order up or order online. all items still available.

any H-D dealer can order for you or try online sites like surdyke...lancaster H-D...new castle H-D
    numbers and quantities as follows:
    inner scoop....quantity 1....# M0852.7AA
    outer scoop....quantity 1....# M0851.7AA
    attachment screws....quantity 3....# AN1005.3FSS

Thanks for the helpful info.