Thread: Hello, New SCG Owner Here.

Hello, New SCG Owner Here.

Hi all,

Just purchased an 07 Cherrybomb XB12 SCG after not riding for almost 4 years... Fell in love with this torque monster after a test ride and decided to go this route instead of getting another 600 Supersport. One of the best decisions I ever made. Had a few questions about this bike. It seems to stall at low RPMs on 1st, is this normal? I almost have to rev it up a little and slip in the clutch in a little to get it moving. 2. Where is a good place to find used parts for the bike? The previous owner rigged up a custom dual rear led light, and I guess I'm not feeling it too much. What is a good option to go? I also am missing a set of passenger rearsets. 3. After scanning through the forums, are Ebay levers an unsafe option for these bikes? I am missing having shorty levers. What about frame slider options? Thanks and glad to be riding again.
    Last edited by Jarhead2RN; 05-20-2017 at 09:39 AM.

Inactive
    1-stalling is NOT normal in any gear. your 2007 uses the EFI first series electronics package so the curb idle speed can be adjusted manually. typically what resolves low speed stalling on your year XB is a tps reset to value # 5.1 along with careful adjustment of the warm motor idle speed to approx. 1000rpm. you'll need ecm access hardware to do all this so suggest you either start educating yourself on same OR bring it by my shop and i'll set it up for free for you.....southern PA.
    2-used parts can be found on this forum from board members....ebay...several other buell specific internet sites.
    3-buell XB's do not have "rear-sets". what you're referring to are the rear L&R passenger peg stirrups and peg assemblies. you'll also need the mounting hardware. use #2 above to source same.
    4-custom levers and frame sliders? ask the young punks on here. i'm a stocker. WARNING: be damn careful what levers you install. many a clutch system and front brake pads and rotors have been destroyed by amateurs installing incorrect levers. consider yourself warned.

Welcome Jarhead2rn,

You picked a great bike, Here is my 08 that I did a few mods on it before I sold it, Led head lights , ECM, Exhaust,CRG Shorty Levers , 8 pistion calipers, Rotor, Tail chop , Bar end Mirrors, Roller head bearing, Rocker box gaskets, RSS scoop, etc.................. Hope you like it.
    2005.jpg 2006.jpg
    Last edited by Silverrider; 05-20-2017 at 07:24 PM.

Don't buy cheap Chinese levers. Buy ones made for the Buell. I bought a set of PAZZO levers for $150. PAZZO also makes shorties. Otherwise there are CRG and ASV levers but they are usually over $200 a set.

When leaving a light you just drop the clutch with no throttle??? How does that work for you in a car?

Quote: I almost have to rev it up a little and slip in the clutch in a little to get it moving.

Yes. Do that.

Do you need the rear pegs or the pegs and the mounts?

You'll be fine with e-Bay levers, but when you install any levers... pay attention!!

Awhile back there were some problems when people thought GSXR levers fit and that rumor worked it's way into parts catalogs using the same part number. They don't.
    The brake lever should not compress the piston in the brake M/C as you install it. If it does, when you apply the front brake the fluid will not be able to return to the M/C and the front wheel will lock up and stay locked up. Thats bad. Really bad.

Nice XB, very clean, Silverrider. That tank bag is actually a good idea, as there is little to no undertail storage space Broke out my riding backpack which I rarely used before.

I appreciate the offer lunatic, you are a wee bit far from me, i'm from Central Jersey, but was fortunate the gentleman that owned the bike before had a Bluetooth dongle. I suppose i'll read through the forums and familiarize myself.

Cooter: As for the rear pegs + mounts, Nice to have in case of passengers, I suppose. As my circle is largely against motorcycling in general, probably not many.

Thanks for the advice with the levers as well. Probably just go with the Pazzos myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead2RN View Post
    Nice XB, very clean, Silverrider. That tank bag is actually a good idea, as there is little to no undertail storage space Broke out my riding backpack which I rarely used before.
    If you need the bag, I only used it once, wont work on my EBR, bought it from Revzilla ,PM me.

Do you have any pics of your bike ??