Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 08 Fuel tables...can they be modified to include more data points?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post

That would be a game changer for map swappers and tuners, and exactly why I have some extra ECM's Will DDFI-2 or DDFI-3 matter it the firmware doesn't matter with the whole eeprom flash? The older ECM's don't have the same resolution, so does it just eliminate the extra info?

Edit:
    AZMidget: You can change firmware? Sweet! That's way better than $50 a pop and a PITA to go to Harley...
    And what do you mean "booby trap" on Mikes site!?? Would that guy really screw over fellow Buellers and represent a link as something it's not? And purposely cause damage?! I really hope that's not what you mean

dodge: That seems like a whole lot of timing advance for pump fuel, any detonation issues, like when it's hot? I'm not sure you'd even hear them on a Buell with any aftermarket exhaust, haha. Are the plugs blown to crap?
    No, I was offering to be the guinea pig.

I whole heartedly believe he would do that.

He did give me some hints towards how to do it, but that was towards the end when I started to question everything he was telling me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    HBy my definition, that includes the firmware(the way H-D does it) and can be flashed onto any ECM, thereby updating the firmware to whats on your eeprom program.
    EEPROM data does not contain firmware, just the parametrization.

It must be an issue with definitions.

I understand the hierarchy to be EEPROM (the whole dang chip...firmware and absolutely everything), that contains the .txt extension (that the parameterization is included in), then the use definition files to extract and modify the fuel map area.

Wd then modify that fuel map area, burn into the .txt, then reinstall the .txt into the EEPROM.

Yes?

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by lowkey View Post
    Nice dodge! You made the changes based off of the WB values or not yet? What AFR's were you seeing in open loop and WOT on the stock maps? You going to be running it through Megalog with the WB values or just make adjustments on your own based off AFR's?
    i'm cooking bacon for the queen bee right now.

You know, I think I can smell that bacon cooking !

Well thanks to some guidance from Mr. lowkey,(via Tunerpro RT) the ecm now has several more fuel table cells. TPS points are from 255 to 6; rpm points range from 800 to 8000. The column/row generator excel spreadsheet from developed by Mike (xoptimized) came in real handy. Seems to idle better than before with the added cells. Will try and connect the WB meter/controller tomorrow and log some data. Be interesting to see what the AFRs are for sure.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234