Thread: 2010 Ulysses XT Random miss while riding

2010 Ulysses XT Random miss while riding

I have one of the few 2010 models around, and it has been great, but in the last year, it has developed a random engine cut out. On a long ride it got really bad with much more cut-outs.
    I have checked my battery cables and made sure everything is tight. I checked my spark plugs and wires. I did a TPS reset. Using Buelltooth and ECMSpy, I was able to get a low pressure reading error code, so I replaced the fuel pump, pressure regulator and fuel filter, the bike seems better, but still cuts out. I have ordered, but not yet received a new ECM and TPS. This problem seems to occur after hard acceleration, then releasing the throttle, and easing back on the throttle.
    If anyone has seen this, or heard of it, please help. As soon as I get the ECM and re-program it, I will post back the results. I think it almost HAS to fix the problem.
    I am well versed in all types of motorcycle repair, but I have not spent much time with Buell.

Any all all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    - Dan

Inactive
    dan: i owned exactly the same model for approx. 2 years and the problem i had mirrored your description but it was intermittent and perhaps only 1X every 100 miles or so. the 2010 is the only "twin O2 sensor" model produced. the problem was in fact a fuel mapping/ fuel delivery problem and what you're describing is the same thing. mine was resolved with replacment of both O2 sensors and re-mapping of the factory ecm along with a dedicated ground wire from the rear coil mount hex cap bolt to the negative battery cable frame attachment point. your problem is not ignition....it's fuel delivery. also check that the large rubber air horn is properly attached to both the TB and the airbox base plate. one out of whack causes a myriad or similar problems.

I would agree with lunatic and try adding the ground wire from the coil to the negative battery terminal. My 06 was having the same issues and after re-mapping and checking multiple suspects to no avail I made up the extra ground and now the bike has lost its stutter and runs like a scalded dog. Try this out, it cost less then $1 to complete and takes about 15 minutes.
    Good luck.

I had this exact problem on my 09 a couple of weeks ago on my trip out to Kentucky. It was resolved with the dedicated ground wire from the coil to your negative battery terminal that lunaticfringe mentioned. Good luck!