Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quick Shifter

It can be done with a dynojet interrupt pull/push rod and a couple of other pieces.

http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...k_shifter.aspx

https://www.preeng.com/xcart/Buell-1...Shift-Kit.html

I assume the gp kit can be reversed with a little bit of work.

There's really no clearance to un-reverse the reverse. haha. I'll be taking a closer look to do just that and using a push sensor on the shaft or, I'd like to find a compatible shift lever that already has a threaded bung in it and use the same linear push sensor an 1125 uses.

Hey Dean, what terminal did you use for the shifter input? The same tan/white wire goes to the ECM into pin #34 gray plug (ohm'd for continuity). The #3 terminal is already taken by a wire? Green/yellow and I sure don't want to jam a wire in there and randomly ground it!

I wonder if the XB splines are the same? I could use that end of an XB linkage maybe?
    IMG_0649.jpg
    Last edited by Cooter; 06-01-2017 at 12:10 AM.

It's plug-n-play on the 1190 kit that I bought. 3 wire connector, the electronic interrupt plugs right in.
    Check the wiring diagram, it's for the sidestand switch.

That's so weird. The EBR ECM I have should be set up the same way. I should be able to use that connector (to pin #34 grey plug), but when I ground the tan/white as if a shift event is happening, I get nothing I'll keep testing. Thanks for the info Dean, I sure wish I could get that kit!

It's a momentary interrupt and will not stay lit/engaged. Red/white is 5 vdc, Black/white is ground, Tan/white is to the ecm, pin 34 as you stated. I *assume* it sends power to pin 34 as an interrupt to kill power elsewhere when under a load. Bench testing, it should show up in the diagnostic page on the dash, the sidestand voltage will change. Yes, this setup is *very* nicely made and functions perfectly. Only downside so far, I've already stretched the crap out of my brand new (less than 125 miles on it) DID zvmx 520 chain. Yes, full power upshifts will do that, especially if you're pushing out more hp than it did stock.

Sends "power" to pin #34? You're right about the kickstand plug wiring, does your quick shifter use all 3? It's a ground signal on the DDFI-3 on XB's and 1125's.
    Maybe thats my testing issue? It might not work idling in neutral, duh. I'll check.

I've heard that about the chains and frankly astonished they come with a 520 and not a 530. Heck my 1986 1000R Ninja had a 530 on it! Besides the cush drive front sprocket, I'd love to see a bigger chain option. 185HP stock....

My successful quick shifter install on the STT is whats driving this, and you are totally right Dean. Makes for a seriously fun ride

I'm just guessing on the wiring as far as function goes. I'll ask to verify operation later today if I get time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12