Thread: Kick stand issue: Anyone have pics of their bungie cord bandaid?

Kick stand issue: Anyone have pics of their bungie cord bandaid?

Hey guys, I magically lost my kickstand spring AND spring arm. The stand is still there, and the clip is still on the bolt which boggles the mind.

I know Harley isn't going to touch it, even though I know they made a revamp or were replacing parts for a while. I've read some dudes rigged a bungie for a short time to get them by. anyone have pics?

I can't seem to find the part I need anywhere. The spring is easy, it's the odd arm that I need. (Part 5 on the pic) I can buy a whole new kickstand used on ebay, but i don't wanna spend what they are going for..

PS: Has anyone done a mod? Or changed the stand all together?
    CJ
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cool

I lost my spring and the plate spring on my CR a few years back. Funny thing, I kept hearing this rattling noise on left hand turns in the twistys until I stopped and looked down. Doh! I had some zipties I keep handy for stupid things like this in the trunk in a small tool bag. Zipped up and rode for the rest of the day, had to park it like my mountain bike, rear wheel leaned on a wall or something.

You can still find parts for them. I have yet to lose these items on my R, but I bought extra back then. See below. I use New Castle HD. Parts ordering is painless.

-J

A06010.1CCBL (2) Not ever really needed
    A10030.2CXCVB (7) Not needed
    E0009.1AMC (20) x2
    L0174.1AMA (27) x2 (extra never hurts)
    L1152A.1AMB (25) Not needed
    L0198.1AMA (29) Not needed
    L0203.1AMD (30) x2 (extra never hurts)
    L0194.1AME (26) Stand
    L0175.1AM (28) x2 (extra never hurts)
    L0198.1AMA (29) Spring x2 (extra never hurts)

http://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/websho...1-A006E8C683DE

Last edited by JWoody; 05-30-2017 at 08:18 PM.

Seriously the BEST response someone could have received. Thank you for the help

Quote Originally Posted by JWoody View Post
    I lost my spring and the plate spring on my CR a few years back. Funny thing, I kept hearing this rattling noise on left hand turns in the twistys until I stopped and looked down. Doh! I had some zipties I keep handy for stupid things like this in the trunk in a small tool bag. Zipped up and rode for the rest of the day, had to park it like my mountain bike, rear wheel leaned on a wall or something.

You can still find parts for them. I have yet to lose these items on my R, but I bought extra back then. See below. I use New Castle HD. Parts ordering is painless.

-J

A06010.1CCBL (2) Not ever really needed
    A10030.2CXCVB (7) Not needed
    E0009.1AMC (20) x2
    L0174.1AMA (27) x2 (extra never hurts)
    L1152A.1AMB (25) Not needed
    L0198.1AMA (29) Not needed
    L0203.1AMD (30) x2 (extra never hurts)
    L0194.1AME (26) Stand
    L0175.1AM (28) x2 (extra never hurts)
    L0198.1AMA (29) Spring x2 (extra never hurts)

http://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/websho...1-A006E8C683DE

I bought a spring from ace hardware when mine disappeared, had to do some bending but it worked until the new hardware arrived

Quote Originally Posted by EvilRX View Post
    I bought a spring from ace hardware when mine disappeared, had to do some bending but it worked until the new hardware arrived
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjdesign View Post
    Seriously the BEST response someone could have received. Thank you for the help
    Hey CJ, no problem. Pass it on mang. Pass it on.

One thing I didn't mention and Evil kinda mentioned it. Its a real PAIN IN THE ASS to get that nice new spring and the spring plate together with full tension.

-J

Quote Originally Posted by JWoody View Post
    Hey CJ, no problem. Pass it on mang. Pass it on.

One thing I didn't mention and Evil kinda mentioned it. Its a real PAIN IN THE ASS to get that nice new spring and the spring plate together with full tension.

-J
    I ended up grabbing a used full stand off ebay for $65. the parts and shipping for ordering just new parts was iup to $35 so I figured why not. Plus the turn around time was 10 days.

The kickstand trick is use one of those old school drum brake spring installers. You'll find it cheap at Harbor freight.

Zip tie the kickstand in the up position first.