Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EZ Pass nightmares

EZ Pass nightmares

(EZ Pass is the system most of the East Coast uses to process highway/bridge tolls using an electronic scanning system.)

I mounted my motorcycle EZ Pass under the front windscreen on my Lightning. The toll could not detect it and the booth bar did not raise. You can imagine how much fun that was for me. The EZ Pass has to be accessible too, so a spot like this or under the air box is not a good idea.

I have ridden with the pass in my front jacket pocket with limited success. Sometimes it reads, other times I have to wait for the attendant and hand it to him to scan.

Paying cash takes a little longer, but cash booths are slowly being phased out completely and that will not be an option in the near future.

I figure in the future I will keep the pass in my front jacket pocket and when the reader does not pick it up, I will hop off my motorcycle and wave it over the reader like the attendant does and then hop back on and take off. That will probably be the most efficient way to get through the toll.

Anyone else having EZ Pass problems that can offer some advice? I feel like the EZ Pass system is not concerned about motorcyclists.
    Last edited by GregoXB; 05-30-2017 at 11:58 PM.

That's a little strange, I put it in the tank ( air box ) bag, yes inside and it has never failed to read it ! Maybe It's the pass itself.

I also have no issue in either my jacket pocket or velcroed to the triple clamp?

Hm.... I thought it was the EZ pass so I got a new one.... no luck...

Tape it to the top of your helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by BambamXB12r View Post
    Tape it to the top of your helmet.
    LOL... I'm thinking of getting a dozen more transponders to add to the two I already have and strapping them to my jacket. Last time the arm did not go up for me I had a pretty nasty customer behind me.... it was not pleasant.

Inactive
    2 of the worlds' greatest motorcycle related quotes:
    "Gentlemen shall not ride motorbikes after dusk."
    Joseph Lucas....founder and owner of Lucas Electrics, LTD....Birmingham, England

"Keep your bike off all toll roads. They suck and they're dangerous."
    LunaticFringe....founder and owner of MidAtlanticCycle.com....AmishLand, PA.

LMAO.... if I could abide by the second quote I would not resist, unfortunately I live on an island! I must give gifts to father bridge.

I shouldn't pretend like I can follow quote #1 either though.... I have a hard time being a "gentlemen"

We had EZ Pass in Houston too. Never tried it on the motorcycle, though.

That would be hilarious if he did tape it to the helmet and it still didn't register !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast