Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ECM Droid gurus...a couple of quick questions

Copy....

Given the bike has 14000 miles or so on it, sounds like I need to replace the O2 sensor. That will be the plan going forward in any case.

Since, over time, this tune adjusted the afv to 83.9 - I think a window from 80-120 will give it plenty of room for protecting the motor, no? The bike is (I think this is being missed) running like a top. I mean it is a beautifully running XB. John (lunaticfringe) gave it a complete once-over and refresh in November, and in his words, this is "the best maintained and kept XB" he's ever seen - high praise indeed, I think.

I'm almost beginning to regret even starting on the ECM at this point. My original purpose was to stop the logic cutting the fan out at lower speeds (as we're heading into the dog days of summer). I had *no other reason to mess with anything on the bike. At all. As part of delving into the ECMdroid program (to ensure I was completing the right steps for adjusting the fan settings), the afv issue came to light.

Lest I sound argumentative, I think you must be right...the O2 sensor is probably beginning to fail. That would (I think) make sense given the lower, resultant afv setting.

Again, thanks for all the help.

Next point - I have a 2008-2009 map (from buelltooth, modified 4-1-2017) for the Drummer SS/K&N setup.

I've downloaded it (the .xpr file) - and it's available on my handheld device.

Any advice on uploading it to the ECM? (as in should I do so at this point, should I wait and see what happens during the learning ride(s) to come)?

Cheers - Jay

Quote Originally Posted by vicenzajay View Post
    Next point - I have a 2008-2009 map (from buelltooth, modified 4-1-2017) for the Drummer SS/K&N setup.

I've downloaded it (the .xpr file) - and it's available on my handheld device.

Any advice on uploading it to the ECM? (as in should I do so at this point, should I wait and see what happens during the learning ride(s) to come)?

Cheers - Jay
    Argumentative? No, not at all you are on the right track for sure. It isn't "missed" on me that the bike seems to be running fine. I'm just giving you some insight on why your AFV is reading lower than 100 and what could be a possible cause for it. You need to keep in mind the AFV value is a valuable tool for looking into how the bike is running and how the sensors are transmitting the data to the ECM. If it is at it's best running condition right now and you have another XB to compare that to in your same conditions. If that is the case then it could be the TPS is referencing the wrong cells, then compensating AFV, then running absolutely fine... just one scenario that comes to mind. If you haven't flashed the map and the bike is second hand you can't know for sure the data is the stock "race" data so you're issue could be there.

Yes, at this time with ECMDroid and the .xpr file you got ahold of, go ahead and try it. Make sure you backup what is on the bike currently before that though. Once you flash it go and look through all the parameters and make sure they are set up the way that works on your bike, reset AFV to 100 and perform the TPS reset. Ride 50 miles or more through varying conditions and report back what the AFV is now reading.

I've already stated I would NOT mess with the AFV parameters but it's your bike so do as you please.

Sounds great. I'll do that....

And I'll report back once I get a chance to run it through a decent 'learning ride'.

I've already backed up the current .xpr, so that should be easy....

Cheers - Jay

Well, crap - can't load that file. It keeps giving me the "unable to load eeprom" alert (with a lot of extra verbiage).

Whats the "extra verbiage" exactly? Do you mean it won't load the file into ECMDroid? Or won't burn onto the ECM?

It seems like lowkey and I are both looking for the same outcome by doing opposite things. He believes the max amount of available adjustment is safer for the bike. With a totally stock bike that runs well, I agree. Leave stock, totally stock.
    Add in any mods (especially aftermarket), and I believe its way too much adjustment to be necessary or safe. Opinions vary.

Reminds me of the guy on the treadmill who's squatting to build his glutes, and the chick on the same machine to get a smaller butt. Lol.
    Last edited by Cooter; 06-05-2017 at 02:27 AM.

I think it won't load the file into ECM Droid. I get as far as selecting the firmware (BUE2D) and then the error appears. It doesn't "stay up" on the screen, so there's no way I'm going to be able to repeat all the computer verbiage to the error message here. It starts with the "unable to load EEPROM"....

Does the file start with BUE2D? If not it isn't compatible with your race ECM...

Yes - it starts with BUE2D....

First time trying to push a .xpr file to your phone/tablet? Some have issues because it doesn't know how to handle the file. I helped another member that had to switch devices to do anything with ECMDroid. First step make sure you have ES file explorer installed on the device, some other file explorers won't allow .xpr files to download to the device.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast