Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ECM Droid gurus...a couple of quick questions

Perhaps - I've saved the original xpr file to my phone before (and, again, now), but this is the first time I've tried to upload anything to the ECM through the buelltooth.

The end of the 'verbiage' is something like, "EACCES: access denied"....

I should mention that the other changes (fan limits, etc.) have been no problem using this phone and ecmdroid.

yes ^^^^ and the file you download needs to be grabbed from the download file (or wherever you put it) and put into Internal storage/ Android/ Data/ org.ECMDroid/ files/ eeprom.

That way ECMDroid knows where to look for it.

yep - it's there (in that folder). ECMdroid is showing the file just fine. When I select the file, it asks which firmware...I select "BUE2D" and then the error message pops up....

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    It seems like lowkey and I are both looking for the same outcome by doing opposite things. He believes the max amount of available adjustment is safer for the bike. With a totally stock bike that runs well, I agree. Leave stock, totally stock.
    Add in any mods (especially aftermarket), and I believe its way too much adjustment to be necessary or safe. Opinions vary.
    Cooter, with mods or without the "end goal" is AFV to hover around the 100 mark, to do this with a modded bike the maps need to be adjusted. If that is done the modded and stock bike are in the same AFV range and both running the same sensors needing the same thresholds in check right? That wide range of AFV value is only there to save the motor incase of sensor failure etc... No matter stock, turbo, cams/CC's, or supercharged etc... end goal is to have maps dialed for as close as possible to 100 AFV.

EDIT: Obviously no disrespect to your method Cooter, just trying to wrap my head around it, maybe I'm missing something?
    Last edited by lowkey; 06-05-2017 at 04:09 AM.

Tried using ES explorer - same result.

It's almost 2300 here, and I'm going to have to get some shuteye in order to function well at work tomorrow.

Not sure what's going on, but this phone/ECMdroid combo isn't letting me upload this .xpr file at all.

Quote Originally Posted by vicenzajay View Post
    When I select the file, it asks which firmware...I select "BUE2D" and then the error message pops up....
    One more time, the file starts with "BUE2D" then whatever right? Never seen a "which firmware?" being asked before.

Example: BUE2D_Race_K&N.xpr

Yep - it is, exactly:

bue2d_drummerss_xb12.xpr

after selecting it (within the app), it offers a choice of a bue3 something or other or the bue2d (in a small box, center of ecmdroid screen). I tap bue2d and proceed direct to error message.

So you only downloaded the BUE2D file right? But you see and option for BUE3D? Where did that file come from then?

Think it needs to be in caps as well BUE2D not bue2d, just an idea.

Yeah - tried changing it to all caps with no difference in the results....

There's no other 'file' other than the original .xpr and the new one. The bue3 or bueg or something like that "option" is a dialog box within ecmdroid...

What's the OG file called? The one on the ECM saved as?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast