Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: ECM Droid gurus...a couple of quick questions

Vicenzajay, You can do as you please and glad it seems to be working out but I would look at why that much fuel is being pulled. Regarding the 02 sensor, they are about $20 bucks and not to bad to replace if you have a way to support the bike and an 02 "crows foot" wrench or other 02 tool. Simply unbolt the shock at the frame and remove the fan, remove the bottom plate of the air box cover so you can see the rocker boxes. One wire bullet connection above the rear cylinder and replacing the 02 is that easy. The fan bolts can be tedious but no big deal really about an hours work for the first time.

Cooter, no comment on the iPhone??? Haha

The kicker is the "way to support the bike". I have great race stands, but no rafters in the garage to do what the threads seem to recommend in this case. Maybe I'll plan a trip up to John's soon and take care of it that way (always a pleasure to see him in any case).

Cheers and thanks again - Jay

Hey - any chance I could get one of your "fan settings" run down (i.e. where do you have all your fan settings/temps). I want to make sure I haven't done anything to 'disable' the fan (cleared the check box for the speed control, but I was surprised to not hear the fan *at all* today).

Ya, I'm busted lowkey, all Mac here... I fought PC's for all my life until 2004, and still get the eye twitch when you open a program and 10 dialog boxes pop up at you without even a response available besides "OK" I get PC road rage! haha...

I good cheat to support the rear of the bike is some bike straps and an A-frame ladder.....

ECM parameters/limits/fan set up...
    all Celcius fyi.
    Key off:
    Max duration 1 min
    Min voltage 11.5
    On 190*
    Off 170*
    100% run time (1)
    Run duty cycle 40%
    Key On:
    On 220*
    Off 180*
    Speed based fan (unchecked) I can't stand that, seems counter intuitive.

All those temps seem right, considering the Kill temp is 305* Celsius!

Hey I reread something you posted a couple up and you seem to think AFV is saying you are lean, that isn't the case AFV thinks the bike is running rich and pulling fuel. Less than 100 is pulling fuel from the map by percentage for each cell so AFV 86 is 14% removed of the value of the fuel cell. An AFV above 100 is adding so 101 is 1% of the cells value being added. Hope that makes since

It's over 110 degrees here in AZ, the bike is not going to leave the garage anytime soon unfortunately. I just have the 07 "race" map fan logic and will turn ON speed based fan control if I decide to ride in these types of temps.

Depending on the exhaust you have you can jack the bike to lift the rear wheel at that spot and use the stands for stability, this is how I do it on mine or a motorcycle lift from HF. One thing of note, if the 02 was reading rich and wrongly pulling fuel you would notice the bike being hotter as it would be running leaner as well as possible pinging and laziness so I can't tell you for sure what to look at. You are at the mileage for it to show it's age though and at $20 and a little time, why not right? Only other thoughts are what are you comparing it to? Have you ridden another XB similar to yours to know what to expect from one in top shape running wise?

Cooter, mac user here too! BUT anytime someone wants to know a tuning question, software specific I have to go from my ****ty memory or actually boot into the windows side... (I hate that!). Phone wise I had the first iPhone BITD and promptly "jail broke" it to work as I saw fit. Once I used an android I promptly switched and never looked back, I had the Note 2 "phablet" and everyone thought it was WAY to big... look at all the phones now.

I agree with lowkey. I don't believe the bike is actually running lean, I'm just wondering why its pulling that much fuel out to run stoic. The 'race' map is pretty right on, and I usually see the AFV still at exactly 100 after the learn. I also agree it's worth $20 and an hour to swap an old O2....

I don't fall for the latest/greatest Apple sales pitch. They're too damn expensive for that! But the interface is perfectly intuitive for me

Copy - yeah, I understood that the ECM was pulling fuel for a detected rich condition. Just a few posts led me to believe that (if the O2 is failing) that could result in the engine *actually running lean.

In this case, I'm certain the bike is not running lean - but you both have me wondering about the fuel pull.

I use 93 non-ethanol gas....exclusively...and I live at a bit of elevation (but not that much - just 2000')...

Cooter - on the "cheat" using the ladder - what are the best places on a Firebolt to hook up the straps? Passenger peg struts? The 'no fun' part of the rear frame assembly is the lock assembly for the tool kit compartment. The other times I've had to get in there, I've just leaned the plastic assembly over without completely taking it off. Not sure that would be possible with this goal in mind.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast