Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: ECM Droid gurus...a couple of quick questions

Yes I've seen that issue before with another member I was helping, his device (LG?) could run ECMDroid and change data on the bike but was unable to load .xpr's to the device. I had him borrow a Samsung device from a friend and he got the .xpr to flash without issue. I guess I thought he was past this point and trying to burn the file already but you are probably right.

OP for clarification is the issue getting the .xpr to the device or from device to ECM? And what brand/model of device is it?

That sounds like my issue.

My device is a HTC M8 cellphone. The Fire tablet will *not run ecmdroid (for me, I know Cole gets it to work somehow).

Yes - the issue is getting the .xpr into ECMdroid...I never get to the place where I can press the "burn" button.

The link to the map you put works with my crappy $32 RCA android tablet. I can load it into ECMDroid and burn it onto a BUE2D ECM. Sounds like you have a hardware issue
    I'm going to get a new $60 android phone from AT&T to do the same thing and datalog even easier. That interface should be much less aggravating than the terrible RCA touch screen.

Well I know for sure the Samsung devices work with those files as long as it's on a compatible android version for ECMDroid. Note-2, Note-3 etc.. and whatever Samsung device the guy I was helping borrowed. Maybe someone will let you borrow an android device to try again?

EDIT: Cooter, you just outed yourself as an iPhone user...

Quote Originally Posted by lowkey View Post
    Well I know for sure the Samsung devices work with those files as long as it's on a compatible android version for ECMDroid. Note-2, Note-3 etc.. and whatever Samsung device the guy I was helping borrowed. Maybe someone will let you borrow an android device to try again?

EDIT: Cooter, you just outed yourself as an iPhone user...
    I was using a Motorola and having issues burning the eeprom until trying a Samsung..But the biggest problem was the maps I downloaded from Buelltooth.com was not .xpr...Once you emailed me the proper map I was able to burn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Ride View Post
    I was using a Motorola and having issues burning the eeprom until trying a Samsung..But the biggest problem was the maps I downloaded from Buelltooth.com was not .xpr...Once you emailed me the proper map I was able to burn it.
    Ok that clears that up except the buelltooth.com files should be .xpr as that is the format for ECMDroid. I thought you couldn't get the device to allow the .xpr to transfer to it, only the Samsung device would allow the file? Maybe another member I'm thinking of? Not to sure.

Okay - used my wife's halfway broken, old Samsung tablet and it worked. Go figure.

Weather is not good until Friday. I assume I need to do a TPS reset and a training ride to start, no? Should I at least start it statically and see if all is well through to warm idle?

Jay

The map I loaded *was a .xpr file. Since Cooter loaded it just fine, I'm fairly confident that the format is good.

I did the stuff covered earlier in the thread - afv set to 100 on rear cylinder, unchecked exhaust valve enabled box, unchecked speed-based fan control box.

Hopefully that covers the stuff I need to check. Cooter - any thoughts (since you've now looked at that eeprom)?

Well - here's an update.

The weather cleared up all day today, so this afternoon I did the TPS reset and then rode for 120 miles. It was quite a ride, with mostly no interruptions (about 10 minutes or so in traffic that I can't avoid). It ranged over 1600 feet of altitude and anywhere from 0-75 MPH (mainly steady driving, though). It also included about 25-30 miles of Blue Ridge Parkway.

Got to Floyd and stopped for a needed break. Then rode home (another 30 miles or so).

Once I parked the bike, I checked the EEprom....the rear AFV has already adjusted to 85.5.

The fan didn't come on the entire ride (not that I noticed, anyway), and the bike cooled down very quickly. It just doesn't show any signs of running lean at all. I should also note that the bike ran very well with the Buelltooth map. It wasn't noticeably 'better' than before, but I've already remarked on how smooth and nice this bike runs. It pulled great - accelerated and decelerated beautifully...no jerkiness at all.

I suppose the next step is to replace the O2 sensor. Bluntly, I want to ask if that's *absolutely necessary right now or can it wait until after the main riding season? I have zero desire to tear a bike apart that is running this good.

Not least - thanks to Cooter and Lowkey for the help thus far....

You are one lucky SOB to have the Blue Ridge parkway as a test ride loop!! Color me jealous!

Your ride was long enough for the ECM to adjust so you should be fine. I am very curious why it's trying to pull that much fuel out though. An old O2 could do that, you can check it's function in the "live data" section to see if it's operating properly before buying the part.

I never looked at the eeprom data, just checked to see if it would load.

Glad you're up and running

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast