Thread: Need a Quick Disconnect for fuel line ( 08 xb12r)

Need a Quick Disconnect for fuel line ( 08 xb12r)

Was trying to remove the fuel line from the quick connector to test fuel pressure. Long story short, i broke it. Any one have one or know where i can get one?

On my phone so can't link but I detail what is needed and repair procedure in a thread I stated call so what's the problem, page 3 I think has what your looking for. Search posts started by lowkey

Inactive
    ^^^^^^^^^^^ this response reminds me of his ecm/mapping/dongle jibberish.

frank: H-D/Buell only sold the fuel line as a complete unit. never saw nor does microfiche list tanged fittings seperately. it's because they didn't want owners attempting to build their own lines. dorman has the parts and has same available online as per their website.
    Dorman sells (sae standard) J2044 compliant compatible fittings and line....USA shipping only. The straight fitting is 800-080. The 90 degree fitting is 800-081 both 5/16 steel to 5/16 nylon line. The nylon fuel line is 800-074. The installation tool is 800-301.

H-D will only sell you the complete fuel line assembly
    double check my #'s but should be correct

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^ this response reminds me of his ecm/mapping/dongle jibberish.
    Wow let the hatred flow...

http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...l=1#post584355

Frankxb, If you did in fact find a fuel pressure kit that will connect between the fuel rail and fuel line, please share the maker/kit# and all that was used to get this to happen. I had to cut the OEM line free and use the brass fuel pump end to connect a pressure gauge to and ended up buying another OEM line as it cost about $28 dollars plus shipping. I searched high and low for exact replacement line and it was going to cost about $80 bucks without the OEM connections for the exact line HD/Buell used. The Dorman plastic line will probably be ok but by the time you build up your own you could just buy the OEM line from HD and you would have the spare brass connection any time you need to test the pressure if you end up having to test it in the configuration I did.

Once the OEM line is cut twice it becomes to short to use again, even cutting it once to replace with the Dorman quick connect part it is very short and you will want to split it to pull the OEM connection out and cut as little as possible to do the repair. There is really nothing in excess to work with.

"Keep in mind this is the cheapest way to repair your fuel line at a cost of $10 for 2 quick disconnects as long as you have a heat gun and something to clamp the line while you install the new connector.

I also tired to source the inner retaining clip for the stock 4 prong so you could just replace that but no luck... I also tired to see if the 2 prong new white one would fit the 4 prong housing but it won't. The good thing is you can source the white clips for the Dorman one at your local parts store if you run into an issue, or buy a 6 pack for about $6 bucks."