Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buell XB9 not getting fuel

will it still run on fuel down the TB?

Meaning, spray some fuel into the throttle body, with everything hooked up and key and cut out switch in run position to see if it kicks over.

P.S. are you sure you have spark ? The above two answers should answer that !
    Last edited by njloco; 06-13-2017 at 06:54 PM.

Ya, I squirted some fuel down the TB and it fires right up

Have you hooked the bike up to ECM spy or ECM droid? If you're not getting a signal from the TPS the bike will never fire

No i haven't...I don't have any of that hardware...Im guessing i have to order that online?

Inactive
    if you're receiving fuel at the injectors but they're not allowing said fuel to be injected into the motor it's ecm related. you need to rule out the BAS and any other sensors possibly telling the ecm not to trigger the injectors to open and close. follow the link below and at the very least check for stored active and historical fault codes. this may give you an indication into what exactly is the root of the problem. the check must be done with key AND red run switch to on.

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buel...77/146574.html

^^^^plus one to this!
    And you need some type of software to figure out what the ECM is doing. If the ECM isn't getting a signal from the TPS it thinks the throttle is always closed, or as lunatic just pointed out, it's not communicating when to inject fuel into the throttle body. This I would believe is why you can start the bike by manually injecting fuel into the throttle body.
    Get some software, and the necessary hardware, to see what the ECM is doing or from here on out you'll just be blindly trudging through an abyss of frustration.
    Now that last line is what the cool kids call a hashtag for the buell life!

The BAS is a good call Lunatic!
    So is the TPS...
    both can be checked manually with a voltmeter.

Buellmods.com or Buelltooth.com will have a service manual to download

If you live in Ontario, some of your brethren are having a get together, maybe one of them could hook you up ( get it ?, Hook you up, ha,ha,ha, you know ECM ) o.k. so the joke sucks ! I tried.

P.S. Sorry, it might have been last year's get together ?
    Last edited by njloco; 06-14-2017 at 12:55 AM.

Early on you said the injectors are clean and fine, How did you clean them ? How do you know that they are fine. Later on in your thread you say you put a new pump in, But did you turn it on before you cleaned out your tank ? It just seems like after you put in a new pump is the time to clean injectors.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast