Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buell XB9 not getting fuel

I have a fuel injector cleaner...Schraeder valve sealed to a tube from a can of carb cleaner...Connect injector to schraeder valve...pressurize with a bit of carb cleaner and energize the injector....injectors sprayed beautifully. Im confident every one of the mechanical components to the fuel system is sound. Just need to figure out the electronics.

Im going to order one of the Bluetooth ECM Droid dongles....Ive read some good things about the Android ECMDroid app. Since i work of a Mac computer I can use the app on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by OntarioBueller View Post
    I have a fuel injector cleaner...Schraeder valve sealed to a tube from a can of carb cleaner...Connect injector to schraeder valve...pressurize with a bit of carb cleaner and energize the injector....injectors sprayed beautifully. Im confident every one of the mechanical components to the fuel system is sound. Just need to figure out the electronics.

Im going to order one of the Bluetooth ECM Droid dongles....Ive read some good things about the Android ECMDroid app. Since i work of a Mac computer I can use the app on my phone.
    That sounds good , I quess what I am questioning is when did you clean them ? Correct me if I am not following correctly , It sounds like you cleaned them at the start and then you found a bad pump with junk in you tank and possible in your in your injectors after you cleaned them. Have you put a volt meter at your injector confections to see if you are getting a impulse signal to operate ?
    Last edited by Silverrider; 06-14-2017 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OntarioBueller View Post

Get the dongle, it has a function where it can fire the front or rear injector independently so you can check them out.

I've seen the video where they do the same injector cleaning method that you used. Do you have any further details of your setup?

Ya. test the injectors a couple times, then test the coils....

Muahahha....

Alright fellas, I'm back!
    Got my bluetooth dongle in the mail today, was just fooling around with it. Hoping some of you are familiar with Ecmdroid.
    Went to the active tests tab, and tested out all the equipment in there. Both injectors will click when tested, the fuel pump fires up no problem, but I knew those were all fine anyways.
    I went ahead and did a TPS reset a couple times...not quite sure if I've done it right or not, or if I can even do it without the bike running. The bike will cough and sputter a bit now when i try to turn it over.

I really have no clue what to look at now, or how to tell if the ecm is functioning properly.

I did look at my trouble codes, and it is registering one fault: Air Temperature too high/short to ground

Inactive
    The bike will cough and sputter a bit now when i try to turn it over.

improper TPS reset procedure. that's why.

Is there a function on ecmdroid to show throttle voltage? I have no idea where I'm supposed to have the idle screw at

Inactive
    I have no idea where I'm supposed to have the idle screw at

that right there is the problem. it is THE key element in a tps reset for a 2006 XB. that statement just confirmed what i mentioned earlier: your problems lie with a botched tps reset procedure.

Go to the menu and then "Data channels". If TPS voltage isn't reading already (I believe its a default), you can get it by touching any parameter and then selecting it.

Do NOT mess with the idle screw... If you have already then get the manual (from the same website you got the Buelltooth and ECMDroid from) to get the correct procedure.

By now, there is a very strong possibility you have also fouled the plugs. Remove them BOTH, clean, dry, re-install.

Heres what I've done: Backed the idle screw out(counter clockwise) until it no longer comes in contact with the stopper. Im confirming this by snapping the throttle and listening for the stopper hitting the idle screw. I then hit TPS reset. From here I adjust the idle screw. So far I have been the closest to having it start with the TPD sitting at a value of about 3.5.

Ive watched the Dan video on how to reset the TPS using ECM spy. I see in the video that he backs out the idle adjuster another 2 turns after it reaches zero. However, this is done on a bike that is already in running condition.

I don't know what I'm missing here...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast