Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Buell XB9 not getting fuel

I'm at a loss....I don't know what I could be doing wrong.

I must have gone through this same procedure 25 times today.

Followed this...
    https://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/artik...?cid=7&aid=609

Still nothing...If I turn the TPD down to 2.7-3.0, the bike seems to want to go...just on the verge of starting.
    I took out the plugs and as Cooter suggested, they were fouled, so I threw in another set....not brand new, but better.
    Could the fuel map in this thing somehow have gotten messed up?

So lost....getting ready to load this thing up and push it over a cliff

This process seems way to easy for me to be messing it up, that I'm beginning to be convinced its something else. Lunatic, I followed your process to a 'T'. Still nothing. If I turn the to TPD up to 5.1, it barely coughs, if I turn it down to 2.5, its on the verge of starting.
    The one thing I'm wondering about is the TPS Voltage. I believe i saw in Dan's video that when adjusting the idle screw it should read 0....If I turn the screw completely out ECMdroid tells me it never registers below .70

I've ordered a new set of plugs, they're on the way, but Im completely convinced they are not playing a role in this, as the bike continues to fire when a little bit of fuel is squirted down the throttle body.

The bike's CEL is off, it has fuel in the tank.
    I live just outside Toronto, Ontario...Is there anyone in the GTA that might be able to help?

Inactive
    this all reverts back to what i advised you on the 13th. i think you're losing sight of the original problem which is the injectors NOT being triggered. you claim you have fuel to them....you claim you have combustion spark at the correct time....you confirmed all this by flooding the TB with fuel and having the motor start and run. clearly fuel delivery problem. the injectors are not being "signaled" to open and close by the ecm. something went wildly askew when you ran the bike out of fuel. not being there to personally trouble-shoot it i can't provide any further help other than to recommend checking for fault codes....confirming the BAS is functional....confirming that your ecm has not failed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234