Thread: Need Help

Need Help

I own a 2003 Buell xb9r and I went out for a ride last week. Hit a damn pothole which you couldn't see until the last minute in the great state of NY and I look down and my speed meter isn't moving my RPM's still work. I did look next to the belt where the speed sensor is or from what I've read in the manual unplugged and plugged things back together. Checked wires, plugs almost anything I can think of. Is there something I'm overlooking. Oh and I have a dent in my front rim because of this stupid ass pothole excuse my language. I've rode it about 4 times since after checking things and nothing still doesn't move. Any Ideas??

Inactive
    in all likelihood it is your forward most ground wire cluster. an impact as violent as the one you incurred....sufficient to bend a cast aluminum rim...will also dislodge and affect front end wiring. get low...get a flashlight...get on the left side front of your firebolt...and look around by the steering head area. either attached to same or to one of the triple clamp pinch bolts you'll see 4 small black wires. those are your frontal grounds. don't just look....actually remove them, check the connectors, clean, reattach. if that doesn't solve your dilemna then check all wiring plugs at the dash and inside the fairing. something dislodged itself.

So I can see the black cords, may hands are too big to get anything disattached. Can I just take the front fairing off?

Sure. Can you? haha.

Since the tach works and the speedo does not, and theres only one supply and ground to the whole cluster. I'd assume it's an internal issue. Careful when buying one. The mileage is stored internally too, so it should be as close as you can get to your mileage now.