Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anybody used Megalogviewer?

That's about where I'm stuck with Mono, just get timeout when I click activate

Odd, but didnt have this issue with an older ver of spy, MLV and the 07 (BUEID) bike. Think I'll try tying into a pigtail at pin 32. Thats the way I logged data on the 07. Upside to all this is I'm somewhat familiar with Tuner Pro RT, ECMDroid etc. now..ha.

Update..finally seeing some usable Voltage data when the NTK wb gauge is connected to pin #32. Now making a really custom linear curve for MLV to chew on. Idles at 13.7:1 and 1.57V. Need to reduce the map counts until there is stable idle at 16:1 and plug those V data into the curve. This is a hyper open loop config.

"custom linear curve"?? WTH does that even mean?

Why would you want to idle so drastically far lean past stoic? 14.7 is 'stoic' because it burns the cleanest and most efficiently. Leaner than that for any reason is NOT good. Massive unburned hydrocarbon and NOx issues, and a super lean idle like that will only surge, overheat, ping, and cause off-idle backfires, coughing, and hesitation without a HUGE amount of fuel added on tip-in, which means terrible CO emissions. 'Splain please.

11.5-13.0 for power, 14.7 for idle, is generally accepted by every legitimate tuner (and physics) as the goal for 98% of any gas powered vehicle. How can you bend those rules and no one else can?

"Hyper open loop config"?? You lost me again...

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    "custom linear curve"?? WTH does that even mean?

Why would you want to idle so drastically far lean past stoic? 14.7 is 'stoic' because it burns the cleanest and most efficiently. Leaner than that for any reason is NOT good. Massive unburned hydrocarbon and NOx issues, and a super lean idle like that will only surge, overheat, ping, and cause off-idle backfires, coughing, and hesitation without a HUGE amount of fuel added on tip-in, which means terrible CO emissions. 'Splain please.

11.5-13.0 for power, 14.7 for idle, is generally accepted by every legitimate tuner (and physics) as the goal for 98% of any gas powered vehicle. How can you bend those rules and no one else can?

"Hyper open loop config"?? You lost me again...
    The curve is required for MLV to create the new fuel tables. Oh no, 16:1 just to see what the wideband controller/gauge output is at that afr to create that curve. Its much happier at 13:6 or so at idle. Hyper..as NO O2 sensor feedback whatsoever. That may change at some point, but may try to wire in a barometer sensor to take its place.

I understand what MLV needs. I do not understand "custom linear curve". No worries, I don't need to.

So you want it to idle super rich? Just curious, what reason idling with a target of 14.7 like every other stock vehicle on the road is not what you want to do? Theres no way an engine idles 'better' other than stoic, unless theres an issue like an intake leak.

Removing the O2 input just makes it impossible for the ECM to do what it was meant to do. I will not be able to adjust for efficiency, power, fuel types, etc. A barometric sensor is not the same thing.

Is this a drag race only bike, where you only us it at the same track at the same temp and humidity only? Otherwise you are just handcuffing a decent fuel injection system and trying to duplicate a mechanical FI system from the 1950's. Even with a 'perfect' fuel map, there are many variables that need consideration to run at peak efficiency, or even well at all. That is why every single OE fuel injection system and every aftermarket system I'm aware of has O2 sensors.

It is necessary to remove the O2 input while in the process of building a fuel map, but it escapes me as to why you wouldn't want it's help after?

I admire your effort to learn the system, but your theories seem mis-guided.
    Last edited by Cooter; 06-23-2017 at 10:32 PM.

Well, it does seem to idle better with a bit more fuel. Bike seems smoother etc. with an increase in fuel across the board. Don't think it would pass emissions though..

Remember buddy. Fix it, THEN modify it.

Good luck.

Thanks-well on the way to doing both. MLV is doing exactly what it's supposed to do. Just needed to tweak the curve a tad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12