Thread: A Buell amongst Nortons

A Buell amongst Nortons

Great bike weekend for me, out both days on both bikes.
    Took the XB12XT out for a quick 60 mile blat on my favourite roads ( loving the handling), bumped into the Norton owners club rallying in a local village pub and decided to have a look at the display/ show/ gathering type of thing they had organised at another local village. Changed over to the M2, called up a friend and charged over to the bash.
    Nice display of machinery, some garage Queens but mostly well used bikes, 50% commandos, even 3 Rotary's ( one with high mileage!). Friend turned up on his Triton, to much scorn and cooing from the Norton crowd (T140 in a Norton wide frame, built mid 70's), one guy referred to my M2 as a Harley, I referred to him as ignorant. Sun, bikes and a pint, life is good.

Nice. Looks like a great time. I Iove those old Norton's. I wish they had something like that around me. My XB might fit in...

Last edited by nicholas900; 07-01-2017 at 12:48 AM.

Very tidy with clean lines, nice job. Not sure my back could handle those bars for long though. Hope you don't mind, grabbed a copy of your bike for my future inspiration folder. There's a lot to like

That bike is so cool. Love that look. Nice job.

Inactive
    yes nicholas that XB is outstanding. i'm pretty much a stocker but that's incredible.
    graeme...what part of the UK my friend? weather looks spectacular. and regarding the "harley" comment....i had a gray beard over here at the local dealership recently say to me as i rolled in on my cityX cherry bomb: "harley never sold many of those harleys....did they?"

Nice cafe style xb.... Is there a reason you're keeping the smaller front brakes with the big ol ebr rotor?

Hi Lunatic fringe, I come from the east of England, sunny Suffolk. A part of the country well known to the US forces, until recently we had a lot of US airbases. Pictures taken in Lavenham.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    yes nicholas that XB is outstanding. i'm pretty much a stocker but that's incredible
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GregoXB View Post
    Nice cafe style xb.... Is there a reason you're keeping the smaller front brakes with the big ol ebr rotor?
    Me? It's just a replacement rotor, my original was badly warped. Same size. I rebuilt the caliper. Stops fine for me on the street. Don't see any reason to upgrade. The Brembo radial master might I used might help. Love the stopping power and feel.