Thread: North Idaho Tire Help!!!

North Idaho Tire Help!!!

I'm in Lewiston on a Sunday and in desperate need of a tire for my Uly. Used would be fine, just need something to get me home. Call 5zero9 98one 3six3one if you can help today.

Thanks,
    Ryan

snarlywino hope you found a tire by now. I have yet to find a brand tire, combo, mismatched set to make my Uly handle poorly. Interested in knowing what tire you ended up with and what is on the front and back and how the bike handles?

I did finally get a tire Tuesday morning in Clarkston. Nobody that was open on Monday even had a tire in my size, let alone something I wanted. Mac's Cycle had a Michelin Anakee 3 in 170/60 or a cheap Conti in 180/55. I had not heard of the Anakee before but reviews were favorable so I went with it. As the Anakee does not come in a 120/70, I just ordered a Shinko 705 for the front and will see how that goes.

Dude cancel the order on the Shinko, get something else, anything else. I was a fan of Shinko until I had to ride on them in the rain and they have no wet traction at all, literally.
    To be more precise the Shinko's I ran were the 010 Apex at first, no wet traction. Then I ran the 005 Advance, no wet traction as well. Gave up on um after that, not sure if the 016 Verge would be any better. 180/55 rear, 120/70 front is what I ran. They are nice when it is absolutely dry and I am still running a set until they are wore out and will not get another set of them.
    Last edited by Tbone; 07-13-2017 at 03:38 PM.

Thanks @Tbone. I take your advice seriously, but I have to admit that every review and personal recommendation for the 705 has been the opposite of your experience with the other models. For the price point of this tire, if I am not happy with it I don't feel I am out much for a tire mounted and balanced for under $100. I will report what my personal experience is with this tire in a few weeks.;

hello thanks for all your posts