Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Group Buy: LED Tail Lights

Group Buy: LED Tail Lights

It's updated! After some great input, I decided to go and make the light cheaper AND brighter! Due to the new design being brighter and more powerful, I had to introduce heat sinks to keep the board cool.

We have a lot of great options for LED tail lights from the affordable Clear Alternatives to the amazingly high quality XB Lights from Rob. However, the CA option can fall short of some peoples desire for high brightness and Rob's XB lights may be priced higher than some can afford. That is where my product comes in. I am offering a great selection of lighting styles and options to fit just about everyone's budget.

So without further ado, let me introduce everyone to our new tail light options!

Let me start with some basic specs that all lights will have-
    High brightness 5730 LEDS and 1 Watt Yellow LED for High End Model; Red= 1000-1500mcd/25-35LM Each, White= 50-55LM, 1 Watt Yellow 60-70LM

Over voltage protection- Each board and lighting section has its own LED Driver that prevents over voltage and current. Just wire the light in and forget the worry!

Water resistance coating- To ensure your light will be protected from the elements, each light with a clear conformal urethane coating. (It is normal for the coating to introduce a yellow hue)

A 3 year Warranty- I want you to know that this isn't a one time deal. I will stand behind my design 100% should a manufacture issue arise. I offer a 100% refund within the 1st year and a 50% refund or exchange after. You can use this 50% off on any product in the line up or simply have the money returned to you. If you wish to have a repair instead of an exchange you can sent the unit to me during the 3 years for a free evaluation and repair attempt. Users must ship at their own cost to me, I will offer free shipping on return.

Constant Current LED Drivers- I use an AL8805 Driver for each LED section to ensure the LEDS are powered to their maximum potential.

Free shipping on all orders! Who doesn't love free shipping?

New connectors included on all lights. To keep costs affordable lights are designed to fit in the existing housing but require the users to splice into their old wires, however they choose. This is a simple process that can be done anyway the user wants, even without cutting wires by using items such as Posi-Tap. If you have any issues or concerns with this please say so, I plan on creating basic instructions to be included with the lights. No drilling required! I will upload a picture of the connector to the dropbox link tonight.

Now lets get to the lighting options!

Base option. It features the best value for users looking for a simple bright and basic running and brake light. NO TURN SIGNALS INCLUDED!
    Running LEDS= 20 total (Red)
    Brake LEDS= 25 total (Red)
    Price= $70.00

Mid Model. This model includes the same amount of brake and running LEDS but introduces RED turn signal LEDS.
    Running LEDS= 20 (Red)
    Brake LEDS= 25(Red)
    Turn LEDS= 20 Each (Red)
    Price= $85.00

High Model. This is the best of the best. Tested and proved. Featuring 1 Watt Yellow LEDS for amber turn signals on the light. You cant get better than this! Picture shows the light but even this doesn't do the light justice.

Running LEDS= 25 (Red)
    Brake LEDS= 30 (Red)
    Turn LEDS= 25 each! (Red/Amber)
    Price= $125.00

Additional attachment- Don't think I've forgotten about the License plate light. For those of us that have the clear license plate piece on our tail lights you can purchase a light for peace of mind and law enforcement. If you want to buy the LP light later down the road you can! Just send me your light and I can attach it. (User pays shipping to me, I will pay for shipping back)
    License plate LEDS- 12 (White)
    Price= $25.00

Group buy details and payment information-
    Since I am doing this myself for everyone I sadly can not offer these units one by one currently. However my group buy requirements are low. For any one product I can build them with a min order of 3 units. That includes custom requested units.

Group buys can occur anytime someone gets 3 people to commit to buying (sending payment). I will strive to deliver products within two weeks after order but please allow up to 4 weeks. I am building these part time after my full time job.

Timeline- Week one- Orders received, Payments confirmed, Orders sent to manufacture for board production
    Week two- Board delivery, Building begins (Mid Model will need to be finalized for the layout if there is interest in it)
    Week three- Orders shipped out

Payments- Payments can be sent via paypal goods option to Treahuggs@gmail.com or https://www.paypal.me/thuggs. I use paypal since it's the most trusted way to send money online and suggest sending money as payment for goods and services so that everyone is protected and secured.

If you prefer other payment options such as cashiers checks, etc please contact me and we will see what we can do.

Closing- I hope I have not left anything out but as always if you have any questions please feel free to ask. I am also active on the facebook group as Trea Huggs, you may contact me on facebook as well. I know some new members may not know me but the old time members can vow that I am a trusted member that has never done our community wrong. I use to create the calendar a few years back. Let us continue to grow and learn. I am hopeful to one day be able to design and produce universal products for motorcycles such as bar end turn signals and such. If you are happy with the lights I produce and have another motorcycle you want my lights in, send me the housing and I will design a light for it! (A version of this will also be posted on facebook soon, also possibly badweatherbikers too.)

Sorry for the long post! Happy Buelling!

Enjoy the pictures! All were taken with a Sony NEX-5T in auto/night settings. For comparisons I used a 2016 Ford Fusion with LED tail lights itself.

http://imgur.com/a/2Rb2e
    Last edited by Loki; 07-10-2017 at 02:37 AM.

Videos! I hope these videos answers a lot of questions for everyone. If you have any other questions, comments, requests please let me know! I show cased the smoked lens, red lense, and bare light. You can also see how the light compares to the Oberon Bar End turn signal I have up front (which cost $85 a pop)
    https://youtu.be/Vjh5Gwk5gO8
    https://youtu.be/Zl54QcQ4dtY
    https://youtu.be/X8fTLRT06xM

I bought one of the High Models off of Trea a few months ago. I had been looking to get an integrated taillight for quite some time and after doing the S tail swap on my R I had decided that it was time. I had a cheap no name light that I got second hand for a couple dollars, it was awful. It seemed that the only good option was XBLights but their price point was more than I wanted to spend. Then I saw Trea post about his lights and we got in contact with each other. A short time later it arrived. Right away I noticed that the build quality seemed top notch. And after installing I was ecstatic with the performance. I had my wife follow me in the car as I rode and even in the brightest sunlight she could easily make out the running, brake, and turns, which is something I couldn't say for the cheap light. Trea is a stand up dude with a quality product. Install was pretty straight forward, I decided to cut the old connector and solder the wires for a permanent solid connection but I'm sure you could put a few spade connectors and a couple bullet connectors on the pig tail and leave your harness intact.

Here is a short video of them in action

https://youtu.be/tB0Jo4C8nE0

And some pics

Last edited by neilrl79; 07-11-2017 at 11:53 PM. Reason: More pics

Thats a clean install! I like it!

That is a very kool bike port you have .

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Thats a clean install! I like it!
    Yeah, the yellow wires you see are for tag lights. I need to clean them up a bit but otherwise I'm happy with the wiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    That is a very kool bike port you have .
    It's a Cycle Shell. It does a great job protecting the bike through riding season. In the winter months I keep the bike in the basement, though they say it will stand up to winter weather.

www.CycleShell.com

I like it, put me in for one of the complete units ! Let !e know.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    I like it, put me in for one of the complete units ! Let !e know.
    It's definitely worth it!

I'm in for the high model!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Beardo View Post
    I'm in for the high model!
    Send me an Email at treahuggs@gmail.com and we'll work it out!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast