Thread: I don't think this wire should be hanging like this...

I don't think this wire should be hanging like this...

Hey guys,

So far this community has been a huge help but I'm not sure how to search for a solution to this problem. If anyone can point me to a link in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

So I've been riding my uly the last few weeks having a great time. I did the ground cable form the ignition coil and replaced the air filter. I was going to do the spark plugs too but noticed the wires are degraded so I ordered fresh cables and I'll do the swap once they come in.

The last few days I've noticed the first 20 min or so when I ride if I hit the throttle too hard the oil light will flicker a few times faintly. It seems to happen when I hit about 3-4K rpm in first or second. Not sure if higher because I live in an urban area. Once hot it doesn't do it.

So I started investigating and noticed this errant wire. Does anyone know where it belongs? It's right above the chin fairing near what I think is the oil pump... any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!!

Sorry for the long post and the good possibility I'm dumb and suck at searching.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Never mind I do suck at searching. It's the oil pressure switch wire. Now I have to figure out how to reconnect.

Don't be so tough on yourself, you solved the problem on your own, now just get it done !

You're right thanks! It took a whole minute to fix. I keep forgetting I have the service manual and it reminds me why I bought it.

It better than asking what oil to use!

Any Fully Synthetic V-Twin, Dang, I had to answer that didn't I.