Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firmware flash in Tucson

Firmware flash in Tucson

Does anyone know where I can get my 1125R ecm flashed to the latest firmware in or around Tucson?

No sorry, but I'm in Tucson around the twin peaks exit. When I get my bike back together we can ride up Mt.Lemmon if you want.

Got to be a Harley dealer if that exactly what you need. Call around your area, there aren't too many out there.

Thanks Cooter! we have 2 and I have zero confidence in either since they couldn't even look up an oil filter for me.

djs2k2 - I'm on the east side, lets ride sometime! A buddy and I are riding this coming weekend if you're interested

Honestly, I have never seen the purpose to upgrade. About the only firmware I could see upgrading is the BUEOD. All other firmwares you really don't gain much by upgrading. Definitely not worth the cost. Better off using that money for a custom tune.

Bikes engine is rotated and I'm going to Milwaukee. Be about two and a half weeks for me. Sho low is a amazing ride too.

i hada hell of a time trying to find a harley dealer to do it i i live in florida, close to daytona beach none the less. every dealer i talked to , the techs had no idea what i was talking about , most of them assumed i was trying to get my bike cutom tuned .

im assuming you are wanting a reflash so you can use your buelltooth or other ecm tool?

what i wound up doing is just ordering a new race ecm from IDS (intelligent Design Solutions) they come with the BUE2D firmware installed , about 300 bucks online

You don't need a re-flash to use any tuning program, a cable, or a Buelltooth? Even if you can't find a map for your specific firmware on a silver platter for you, they can be converted.

I had BUEZD firmware that was causing an issue, but thats rare.

My motivation to upgrade firmware is both OCD and Buelltooth. the bike came with BUEZD and Buelltooth is recommending BUE2D

If you aren't having any problems with the ECM programming, a firmware 'update' won't do anything for you. Find a BUEZD fuel map you like, and have at it.

If you are having issues with the AFV re-setting itself to random numbers every time you cycle the key (that was my issue with BUEZD) OR you can't find a BUEZD map, then go by the Harley dealer and hopefully they know what they are doing. Should charge you an hour or less. They install a whole new EEPROM program, which includes the firmware, ECM settings and the .xpr fuel map as well. Once they get it to the BUE2D, you can get whatever map you want easily from Buelltooth.com and others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast