Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zero power to bike

Zero power to bike

my bike won't start , but I'm dying long before the clicking. It started there and now the fuel pump won't even prime. I put it on a charger and it's was showing 100%, disconnected the battery and cleaned and reconnected. Same thing.

Just for the record...the run switch is on.

I put the key in and turn to on position, no lights, no power...nothing.

WTF? Please and thank you.

Inactive
    it's pretty simple so don't panic. and no need to post up on multiple threads for one simple problem. do the following and never ever trust your battery to what some chinese gauge on a charger is indicating:
    1-remove fuse box cover and check all your fuses PARTICULARLY the ignition fuse.
    2-remove battery---fully charge with a real charger which means approx. 6 amps for 20 minutes minimum. now and only now have it load tested to be assured it's fully operational and up to snuff.
    3-after reinstalling battery be sure cable ends at all 4 ends are clean and extremely tight. double check that the frame attachment point of the negative cable is super clean and tight.
    these are the 3 simple steps to start with. report back with results as it helps others.
    Last edited by user_deleted; 07-18-2017 at 08:04 PM.

Sorry about the multiple posts. After I made the reply before, I figured I should just start a new thread. I also used a deltran battery tender power plus, which I think is made in the USA...but I digress. Haha

Anyways...i checked all the fuses and all is well there.

I charged the battery also and reconnected. It has a 1.25 amp output and 20A when I out it on boost...which I will try again. Unless I need to use another product.

I i cleaned and tightened them, but I will do it again just to make sure.

I once bought a OEM Batt from the Local HD shop in Fresno CA , Installed it only got a click click , Called HD up they wanted to sell me a solenoid, They did not want to consider they sold me a bunk Batt, and it would take 3 hr to test it so that they could get there $$ back from the HD dealer., I told them I put it on a 6amp charger, so then they said I ruined the Batt with too many amp. But why would I put it on a charger if it was working ??? I had to talk to the owner for 45 min and tell him the whole story. Finally it tested bunk and they gave me another one and I brought my load tester with me and tested it before I left. I will never go to that HD again!
    Last edited by Silverrider; 07-18-2017 at 09:15 PM.

That's the funny thing. The battery is not new. I just bought it last year and had it on a trickle during the winter. Bike started fine for months...even after sitting for multiple weeks at a time. Might replace it, just because. After pulling it apart first, of course.

Inactive
    I just bought it last year and had it on a trickle during the winter.

strongly recommend never doing that again. that practice has been the source of many premature battery deaths thru time inmemoriam.
    if you want to really simplify your situation and cut to the chase then simply jump your bike from your vehicle with known good battery. BE ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN your vehicle is OFF when doing it. this will quickly rule in or out the battery as your culprit....which i'm certain it is.
    Last edited by user_deleted; 07-18-2017 at 11:06 PM.

wisdom ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Are we against battery tenders over the winter? Sorry I have a habit of using them. If so please explain or link me to the debate thread. I thought these BT's were a good thing.

Inactive
    AND THE RESULTS WERE????????????????
    you flooded multiple threads with your "wont start" panic attack.....prompt assistance rendered.....and no rebuttal or follow-up results on your part? typical. how this was resolved won't help myself as i know everything....but would assist a ton of novice board members with the similar or identical problem.

Patience, patience, maybe he hasn't gotten to it yet, you all know how life gets in the way of fun.

It is just too hot !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast