Thread: Some basic questions about ECMdroid, error codes, etc.

Some basic questions about ECMdroid, error codes, etc.

So a random check engine light on my way home the other day prompted me to go ahead and buy the Buelltooth module and install ECMdroid on my phone. VERY cool app with lots of capabilities. So here's a little information some basic questions:

The firmware revision on my 2008XB12Scg is BUEOD

Theere were no current errors, and 3 stored errors in my history (one which I am reasonably sure was from a loose battery connection):

16 Battery voltage too low

21 AMC Stuck open

21 AMC Stuck closed

Is there any action required for the AMC errors?

Is there any advantage to upgrading my firmware revision to BUE2D or BUE2D if I'm keeping the bike stock?

Are there changes that I should make to any settings, even for a bone stock bike?
    For example, my fan seems to run FOREVER after I shut the bike off (I leave the kill switch to RUN and turn off the key when I stop - should I NOT do this and use the kill switch to shop the bike off?)

I'm considering doing some mods to the bike....muffler, K&N Filter, airbox delete, and breather mod are ones that I've looked at. Obviously I'd want to remap if I do those things, but if not, do I STILL have anything to gain by making changes?

Thanks to any of you knowledgeable people who can help me with these basic questions.....it's much appreciated.

Warner

Error 21 is super common when aftermarket exhaust is used because theres no AMC valve, don't worry about it. You can have the ECM ignore it if you wish.

No. Theres not really any advantage to the firmware update, unless you are having issues with yours (you're not.)

The ECM Parameters are yours to play with for the most part.

I'd just let it run, but you can check/change the fan settings in ECM parameters if you wish.

I would recommend a 'race map' even for stock exhaust. It's a big difference and running richer may help with the fan running a long time.

Yes and mods are fun, don't forget the big scoop for the Right side (RSS) or comfort kit if your leg gets to warm for your liking.

Thanks. I think I definitely want to change the fan settings. I'd rather have it run MORE when the engine is running so it has to run LESS when it's turned off....and the battery is just draining. That freaks me out, to be honest. I let it run until it shuts off when I get home, because I plug in the battery tender. But man, that thing runs for like 5 minutes.

I'll have to look into the RSS or comfort kit (same thing?).

As far as the AMC errors, I do NOT have an aftermarket exhaust....

Thanks in advance,

Warner

Is it normal to only have the rear AFV reading? And is 88% way off?

AFV.jpg

And which of the fan setting should I change so the fan doesn't run forever after shutting the bike off? I'd rather have it running while the engine is on and charging the battery than have it run after shutting the bike off. Any suggestions?

Fan settings.jpg

Thanks in advance for any replies guys,

Warner