Thread: Riding in Florida - Orlando

Riding in Florida - Orlando

Spent a day in Orlando FL on a Triump Thruxton from Modern Classic Motorcycles. Meh, a lump, but a fun way to use up a couple of hours. Better than magic mountain anyways.

What's the punishment for distracted driving in Florida? A promise not to do it again? Every third car had a younger driver blatantly on there cell phone. Normally I honk, and make a put the phone down jesture. Nada - Nothing. The cagers just looked at me, if they even bothered to look away from there phone. At night it looked like the sequel to ghost busters with all these glowing blue faces, driving cars.

To make matters even worse the majority of riders were not wearing helmets, cuzers and sports bikes alike. As far as I'm concerned, natural selection is in full swing in Florida. Possibly related to the intense humidity.

In Ontario the latest statistics report distracted driving kills more people then driving under the influence. Stay safe out there guys!

What sucks is, if we f__k them up, we locked up, if they clearly try and kill us or worse succeed, nothing happens to them ! Years ago we could f__k them up, might have to go back to that.

Trust me it is know different from state to state. Everyone just has to be on a phone! Heaven forbid we just drive and pay attention to what is going on around us. People are just stupid now.

I just came home from a trip in town , and saw a cop on a Zero very quite coming up from behind, we riders are always looking at bikes its what we do, cagers don't, he was in the middle lane when he gets up side every cars he looks at the driver, sure enough the car in front of me was on a cell he got behind her and turned on the reds seems like it took for ever for her to pull over. Must have wanted to finish texting . In CA

When I'm in Florida.... ....I ride with a beer in one hand and my phone in the other! Thank God my bike has cruise control!

^^^^ Leave it to Carlos to crack me up! Lol!!!

That is funny, you guys remember the news reporting on that accident, where the woman crashed her vehicle with her kids in it, no one was hurt badly. They asked her what happened, she said the cruise control didn't work right because she put it on and turned around to take care of the kids in the back seat !

Ya can't make this **** up.

What's worse is soon cars WILL do that like the Testla's do! Just one more reason for cagers to not pay any attention and not be prepared for any emergency.

I have a buddy with Multiple Sclerosis and he's been fighting the ability to drive for some time now. I recently sat him down (haha, he's in a chair) and explained it's not about being able to get from A to B, but all about being aware and able to avoiding killing someone when the S**T goes sideways. We'll see, I hope he listened.