Thread: 2004 xb12r ECM maps

2004 xb12r ECM maps

Hey guys,

Im a bit of a noob to the forum, i have a 2004 xb12r, last week my Jardine exhaust had fallen off during a ride 2 hours out,(rivets vibrated right off). i had to ride home with the exhaust in my book bag. Now that i have the exhaust fixed and back on i have lost a crap ton of low end torque, front wheel wont even come up for 2nd gear clutch up wheelies. I ordered the ecm cord already, just looking to see where to download the maps from. Any advice/pointers?

I don't understand. You lost torque that you previously had? The only thing I can think of is that you lost the packing when it fell apart and did not repack it when you fixed it....

Other than that... you should do a TPS reset with exhaust changes....

I agree, why open a can of worms by messing with the ECM first without diagnosing what could be wrong.

Since you just "ordered a cable" didn't that place have maps? did you get the program to install those maps?

IMO I would fix the bike first, and THEN learn how to program it. Instead of learning it post by post on here, You can find quality tutorials at Buelltooth.com

This is what a full Jardine muffler assembly looks like:

Sorry i should have gone more into detail, The guy i bought my bike off of already removed the packing in the exhaust and ive never had an issue with low end torque. when i bought the bike i had it serviced, spark plugs, oil change etc. Ive only put 2.5k on it since Ive owned it. I have checked the plugs, clutch cable etc. and have been looking through the forums, every thread ive read through where they have been experiencing similar problems they have been pointed toward remapping and its cured all of their issues.

( high end power is still there. Pulls strong 70mph+)

Once again i appreciate all responses, ive owned 20+ bikes and the xb12r is a completely different animal then im used to

Well idk about the other issues but the reason your Jardine exploded is because it was not properly packed. As far as I know, a hollow Jardine will also rob you of torque and power.... It has to be properly packed to produce back pressure which creates optimal torque.....

Also the name of the cord i bought was "NavePoint Buell ECM Programming Spy cable TPS reset ecmspy"