Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2008 firebolt front brake rotor

I like the braking wave rotor. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Braking-Fron...0/232067269051

It's solid af.... 0 issues with it for 4 years now....

I had one on my 08 only for 500 miles along with the 8 piston kit, all I can say WOW major difference, I had to remember NOT to pull too hard. The stamping is a little diff design currently.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-brake-di...3D332310017074

2006 - Copy.jpg
    Last edited by Silverrider; 07-26-2017 at 02:42 PM.

Why do you need a new rotor? If it's just vibration/pulsing I would just clean it and the hardware off really well and put some better pads on it. I've had this issue with mine quite a few times and cleaning it off always fixes the problem. I wish there was some more info on the ebay rotor. I seems reasonably priced but I would be weary of the quality. The OEM rotors are ridiculously priced for what they are.

I have found if vibration/pulsing brakes take off all mounting hardware clean or better yet replace with new, or even the upgraded mounting kit, if that doesn't take care of the vibration/pulsing then go with a new rotor. Of your choice.

Personally I would not go for a knock off rotor.... too important IMO, but to each his own. I would stick with OEM, EBR, Braking, or Galfar....

can i reuse the rotor hardware?

do i have to get new bolts if i get a used rotor?thank you for the help.

ok i will try that first i will go back to the original brake pads and clean things up/its just a strange thing its not consistant and you cant keep playing with the brake lever and slowing down to see when it happens

Yes , you can use the same Hardware, Clean each piece by rubbing on 400 grit SPaper to clean all the grud off ,you might not be able to get the springs out ,shoot some oil in the hole, torque Rotor mounting fasteners, front 25-27 ft-lbs 34-37 Nm metric,

there is a round dimple on the rotor it is surposed to line up with the valve stem how is that possible its by a bolt hole? i put it at the nearest bolt hole to the valve stem is that correct?

It should not matter, it is evenly balanced, I rotated mine 180deg didn't matter.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast