Thread: Lingering throttle/leaning issue.

Lingering throttle/leaning issue.

So ive had the bike for about 5 months now, 05 XB9R with 41k miles. Bought it with a hole in the front piston im guessing from the same issue i have now. Replaced the Cam Position sensor, TPS, intake replaced with XB12 intake, injectors cleaned and rebuilt, running fuel pressure is 51#, exhaust is a Latus with K&N filter. I data logged a ride the other day to get some info, but the problem is i dont really know how to read it. Using a map from a similar set up not tuned by me. Issue is anything about 1/2 throttle the bike shuts down to idle but only under load. Also logged me doing a vacuum leak test with carb cleaner but nothing was obvious when i did the test. Can send my current tune as well as both logs. Anyway anyone can point me in the right direction as to where to go next?

What led you to replace all those different parts!?!

You will have to fix the bike for sure, way before you get to tuning in the ECM.

all the parts were replaced trying to narrow down where the issue actually was. I knew it was 1 of 3 thing, ignition, fuel or map issue. Now everything in the fuel and ignition system has been replaced. So barring me overlooking something mechanical, im at a map issue. Also replaced the ECM, plugs, wires, and coil to rule out them being bad.

Good luck then. I hope your guesses find the problem soon so you can get back to riding!

Willing to look at the logs and maps for me and see what I'm missing? Can email them.