Thread: Clutch/Handlebars

Clutch/Handlebars

I just got an 02 Blast 2 weeks ago, my first bike. After riding it all last week, I found myself unable to feel some fingertips on my left hand due to a pinched nerve. The previous owner had put sportier handlebars on the bike, but did give me the stock bars on the side. My bf says I should put the stock back on, but I like the straight handlebars that are on his 01 Blast and was wondering if anyone has had wrist issues with those? Want to still be able to throw my feet onto the back pegs.
    Also, my bf pointed out how tight my clutch is, and that it may be partially contributing to the problem. I like where it catches at, but I have to use my entire hand to pull the handle in. Brake isn't like that, so it's only the one handle. Is there any way to loosen it without affecting where it catches?

You should make sure the cable is lubed and not binding, and the clutch lever pivots smoothly as well. Should make a good difference for you

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome young lady, nice to see a female buell rider. I'm sure I don't qualify to answer any tension adjustment on the clutch but I like where my clutch engages too so I will be watching for expert replies on your first post. I used to think the clutch was a bit difficult but some conditioning over time has lead me to believe it was me that needed adjustment. Maybe somebody could get a pound gauge on the clutch pull to give us all a better benchmark to know if there is a problem. Or I could do that, I have a 50lb hand held.

update... my clutch breaks at 12-14lbs from just inside the ball
    Last edited by midway; 07-28-2017 at 03:39 PM.

Thanks guys! Got it fixed! It did indeed need to be lubed, as Cooter suggested! Also, wound up just flipping the handlebars, which turns out to be in a position far comfier than the stock...