Thread: Ethanol free fuel...

Ethanol free fuel...

Do we care about it? Should we feed it to the Buell's?

https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp

Why not !

It would be nice, but these bikes will eat almost anything. Since you're running ethanol now, the damage has already been done. Not worth the worry IMO.

Get a bunch to use before you store anything though! The new gas is so bad that Starting-Bil won't even save ya

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    It would be nice, but these bikes will eat almost anything. Since you're running ethanol now, the damage has already been done. Not worth the worry IMO.(
    I'm just a few miles into a top end rebuild. What I saw on the pistons I don't want to see again. I may go the extra mile for pure gas. There was no removing it with chemicals. Not that much work to cleanup the cylinder heads after 25k but WOW shocking to see the build up on the pistons. Just assumed it was from ethanol.

Couldn't soak if off with 3 different solutions, Had to chip it off and machine wire brush them clean. They look like new now but I didn't care to put them back in after that. I don't think ethanol was cleaning, but it might not have been adding to the build up either. Just don't know that much about it, only what I found after 25k miles.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by midway; 08-01-2017 at 04:46 PM.

Banned
    Actually the fuel with ethanol leaves less buildups and cleans it. I believe even Seafoam is based on ethanol because of it smells like ethanol.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 08-01-2017 at 02:19 PM.

I use ethanol free only if I can help it. Defiantly don't store anything, mower, blowers or motorcycles with ethanol. JMO.

Here's an app for Pure Gas. I haven't used it in a while since Stewart's in Upstate NY has 91 non-Ethanol and they're everywhere around here.
    IMG_2039.jpg