Thread: Twin Motorcycles

Twin Motorcycles

Anyone in the States buy from this outfit. Were you pleased with products and receiving goods in a timely manor.
    Thanks

Yes, great service but you can get 99% of that stuff a bit closer to home. What are you shopping for?

I'm looking at the belt tensioner, I'm want to convert it to a chain tensioner.

Yo can e-bay a stock one of those easily, especially of you're just going to cut it up.

FYI. after you slot the one bolt hole, take the time to thread a large set screw perpendicular into it to hold tension instead of relying on just over-torquing the mounting bolts.

Yes I'm working on one of those now
    I want the one Twins makes as it will acomadate a wider selection of gearing changes. I'll be playing with 17-18-19 and 42 through 47

I had some time to look a bit deeper, found one on e-slay, free shipping
    I didn't know it was made by FreeSpirits. So that's cool
    They claim it will arrive in a week.
    Should work out great

Look before you buy the Free Spirits one, they had some durability issues that are easily searched.

Your stock bracket works very well upside down. I never found a sprocket combo that didn't work. You shouldn't ever need that big a gearing change, I don't think a 19 fits on the front anyway (diameter-wise) Or maybe it's really, really, close and rubs the guard? I can't remember..

V-twins have so much torque, final drive is much less critical than a high revving I-4. Most tracks have a standard mix of long straight/hairpin so gearing is typically a non-issue unless you're racing for $$ and a sponsor is footing the bill!

Last edited by Cooter; 08-01-2017 at 05:46 AM.