Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quick questions - low battery voltage CEL

Quote Originally Posted by Webbie View Post
    Hahaha....define "broke in". It's been on there since I got it from you.....it's never going to be as comfortable as my old CBR though. Haha. I call the Buell my "skateboard". Hard edge commuter/hooligan bike. It's the one I usually ride unless I'm going somewhere far, or want to hold 90+ on the highway. The CBR lives for that.....cruises comfortably at 100.....so I'm told.

Warner
    define "broke in".

Defined = Fits your A$$ . LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    define "broke in".

Defined = Fits your A$$ . LOL
    Probably as well as it's going to.

Warner

Are you guys ready for this? I took the old battery in for the core charge refund, and had the place test it. So, my TEN year old battery tested GOOD! The guy asked me if I still wanted the new one. Haha. Of course I took the new one, but damn!

Old battery test.jpg

Here's a couple photos of the voltage regulator that I'm replacing. The back of it has some cracking it looks like....don't know if that's normal or not, but it doesn't look great.

Back of voltage regulator.jpg

Voltage regulator.jpg

Finally, does anyone know where to get these type of cable ties? I spent way too much time getting one to release hoping to re-use it, then with the other two got frustrated and said F it and cut them off. Do auto parts stores have these, or are they more specialized than that?

Cable tie.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Webbie View Post

Finally, does anyone know where to get these type of cable ties? I spent way too much time getting one to release hoping to re-use it, then with the other two got frustrated and said F it and cut them off. Do auto parts stores have these, or are they more specialized than that?

Cable tie.jpg
    I guess the part number is 10177, which is a replacement for C0026.02A8

Banned
    I replaced this piece with zip tie. Insert zip tie from top side to the hole, then make a loop around you wires and insert zip tie back in the hole, then lock and tighten zip tie. Done!

Inactive
    VR is junk. i previously told you that. heat melted the factory insulating sealant.
    10177 is nothing more than a push-mount cable tie. available online for cheap. the style of the stud differs slightly but makes no difference as it's hidden when installed. i keep them in stock.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12