Thread: Another newbie question; Jardine slip-on problem

Another newbie question; Jardine slip-on problem

So I just brought home a 2007 XB12SS w/14k miles. It has a Jardine RT1 pipe. I noticed at the time I was looking at the bike that it has issues at the pipe, but I need to know what caused it. The front rivets have "wallowed" out the enclosed of the pipe so it's pretty much trashed. I can grab the pipe and the enclosure moves where the front rivets have pretty much eat away at the metal pipe enclosure wall.

Is there something else going on here that caused this to happen in the first place? I'm going to have to replace the pipe but could it have bad engine mount or something that caused enough vibration/movement to cause this? I sure as hell don't want to replace the pipe to have this start all over again. Maybe I just need to take it into a shop and get an opinion but thought I'd start here with you guys so ask your opinions.
    All of the front rivets are like this.IMG_1680.jpg
    Last edited by johng_22; 08-05-2017 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Added pic

Google search "buell XB jardine pipe issues" and you'll learn everything you need to know about the issues that come from negligent motorcyclists and a jaradine pipe.
    That pipe is suppose to be rebuilt/repacked every 5kmiles. It seems that individuals that buy this pipe neglect to address this service interval and the result is what you're looking at.
    The pipe can still be saved. The questions is how much time and how much skill do you have to save it.
    Last edited by Chicknstripn; 08-05-2017 at 01:24 PM.

If I changed pipes to a D&D, etc does that mean the bike needs retuned? If so, are these tunes canned or custom? I'm coming from the Harley world so I'm not really familiar with the process on the XB. It has a K&N and this Jardine. The owner said it was tuned with that pipe.

Every exhaust must be matched with the corresponding tune. Either a pre-programmed ecm, an ots map, or a dyno tune.

Grego is right, find a tune that matches the firmware of your ECM and the pipe you have. Since most of the existing tunes for aftermarket pipes are virtually identical, you will be ok with your Jardine tune on a similar pipe. Those pipes are known to blow up on a Buell.

Tunes and info about tuning can be found at Buelltooth.com and Buellmods.com as well as many, many, threads on here.