Thread: 03 Firebolt engine light flashing

03 Firebolt engine light flashing

Hello everyone, hopefully someone on here can help me. I am a longtime Buell owner, but new to this forum. I've had a 03 Firebolt for about 10 years, & up till now have not had any problems with it. Took it out yesterday for a ride, and the fan does not seem to be coming on, also the check engine light is flashing (looks like 12 times, then repeats). I have an open air box kit, drummer exhaust, & k & n filter. Hopefully someone knows what this is. Thanks

Inactive
    "looks like 12 times" won't get the job done. there is no #12 fault code. use link below, read carefully, and use manual method to decipher your flashing CEL then proceed from there. a non-functioning fan can be the result of 1 or more of the following:
    1-faulty ecm ground circuit which directly affects the operation of several components including the fan.
    2-oil soaked fan from "top end" leak on rear cylinder which eventually destroys the fan
    3-blown fan fuse
    4-faulty ETS sensor
    5-break in the positive fan wire lead.

here.............http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buel...77/146574.html

Like John has said ^^^^^^^ You could even hook up 12V right to the fan as a test .