Thread: Factory gauge/speedo custom brackets for use with aftermarket headlight?

Factory gauge/speedo custom brackets for use with aftermarket headlight?

As the title states, seeking suggestions for what's available on the market to mount the factory XB gauges in the case of changing out the headlights to something custom. I've seen a couple threads here suggesting that one would need to make a custom bracket but I'm betting there's something on the market by now for the Lightning. I've seen plenty of photos with a quick Google pretty much spot on to what I want to do without any mention of what was used to mount the gauges.

Probably because it's so easy. I just did my STT and made 2 very simple "L" brackets between the stock gauge mounts and the holes in the front of the upper triple tree. I'll try to take pics when I'm back home in a couple weeks. Chicken did the same thing in a different way, maybe he'll chime in?

Admittedly, I haven't taken mine apart; in fact I just purchased the bike. It has some issues which is going to take me into that area and figured I'd just replace the light and add a larger LED now instead of later. If it's that easy, then the answer is probably more obvious than I'd have anticipated.

If your bike is indeed an S model it's not too hard to add a custom light. However, you will need to do some fabrication and electrical rework/rerouting if you want it to look real clean. My bike is an R so in order to change my headlight setup I had to change out the entire wire harness, customize it, and fabricate a bracket to mount the gauges onto the triple tree. None of what I did was easy. At least to me it wasn't and I have a metal fabrication background from my marine corps days as an I level airframe mechanic.