Thread: upgrade Kickstand pin

Hybrid View

upgrade Kickstand pin

Somebody in here tipped me off to a side stand modification and I bought the part but can't find the poster today. Perhaps one of you recognize this mod? It looks like i'll be drilling out the threaded hole pretty substantially to accommodate this HUGE pin and clip (btw the C-clip does not come with the part) so go fish if you're thinking to install one of these. I will ask you people your thoughts and express my concern with honing out so much steel from the stand to fit this pin. I can see how the pin will never sheer like some stock ones do and it can't loosen and fall out like mine about did. But might the much thinner arm of the stand break someday after such a drastic process?

I'm taking a poll on this one
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by midway; 08-11-2017 at 09:47 PM.

Here's the thread you are looking for
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...estand-upgrade

A great way to search the forum is to go to Google and in the search box type site:buellxb.com and then what you are looking for.

For example, to find that thread I typed "site:buellxb.com upgrade stand pin" without the quotation marks and the very first result was the correct one.

Quote Originally Posted by neilrl79 View Post
    A great way to search the forum is to go to Google and in the search box type site:buellxb.com and then what you are looking for.
    Probably more accurate too... GREAT TIP!
    Ah yes, everything is crystal clear now, 11 bucks for the pin found the clip for 29 cents at the home improvement store. Must be tried and true because it's on the internet LOL.
    Last edited by midway; 08-11-2017 at 11:04 PM.

Inactive
    the early style threaded pin left alot to be desired in both quality and the fact that it was prone to working itself loose and falling out at the most inopportune time....when you were riding. it was pretty nasty.
    TIP: be damn certain that the pair of mounting ears on your existing side-stand are perfectly parallel to both one another as well as parallel and in a straight line as they relate to the shaft of the stand. if not then use whatever means necessary including heat and bending devices to accomplish same prior to drilling out the ears for the new pin. failure to do so will not only result in a ruined side-stand but one that won't correctly mount to the engine case bracket.

If it makes you feel better mine has had this mod done for ~5years/15k miles. If you are worried about it I have a S/R kickstand for sale that is the upgraded version.

When did this pin go into production for XB12S? Or is it only available as an update kit?