Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help!

Banned
    What the stator resistance between stator leads? Was it shortened to the ground? What AC voltage it showed at 1000, 2000, 3000 RPM? These are three tests you can perform on the stator and then you can say if it is OK or not.

Check engine light will not came until voltage is above 11 V. Until battery has some power the light will not came even with not working charging system. If you plug your battery on charger after short trips you may even not able to notice if alternator works or not.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 08-17-2017 at 03:53 AM.

John......didn't I tell you his stator was beat?????

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedchop View Post
    John......didn't I tell you his stator was beat?????
    yes sir you in fact did. they're actually quite easy to check via either AC volts output at the plug or as teabag stated thru ohms. surprised this was missed during diagnostic phase.

It was missed because there was no "diagnostic phase".
    Not on here, not at the dealer, and not at the very helpful guys house in Tennessee.

I truly hope this smelly stator guess works better than the expensive battery guess, and the VR guess, so that he can get back on the road soon!

We put a volt meter on the stator and performed a continuity test. We revved the engine to 1k, 2k, and 3k. We found a draw of 2.2 at 3k where there should have been .1 -.3
    Last edited by GregoXB; 08-17-2017 at 06:53 PM.

Interesting. I've never heard of testing a stator that way, but heck... I've been wrong before, just ask my X!

I dont blame you! This cross country ride turned into a crash course on trouble shooting and fixing buell issues. Lmao.... I'm just so glad that we are still so tight as a community. Ever Bueller I meet is consistently honest and reliable. Long live Buell.

Sorry if I am missing the boat here, When the HD guy checked things out was the stator making any juice ? Was the Batt changed unnecessarily? As Cooter & Stripin said early on a Volt meter would have spelled out the issue at that point in time, just asking ?

Last edited by Silverrider; 08-17-2017 at 11:14 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123