Thread: 96db for Track Days?

96db for Track Days?

I want to do some track days with my 2006 XB12R, and I need to be down to 96 decibels at 50 feet for the track I want to run.

I currently have a Drummer with the packing all gone. This will not pass. Sounds good on the street though!

Any thoughts on if I would be better with a new Jardine with the db killer (approx $425), or sending my Drummer out to be repacked and updated, plus their db killer (approx $250)?

If it helps I have a K&N filter and the "Race ECU". I have no idea what tune is actually on the ECU, I just purchased the bike, but it does seem to have plenty of power and very little backfiring on deceleration.

Thank you!

Mike

I doubt the Jardine would last on a track day bike. I packed my own drummer (easy) and it had to be well under 96db even without the dB killer insert. I never had access to a meter, but it really was deep and quiet.

Yeah, stay away from the jardine if you want to keep the noise down. Plus even at less that 5k miles I can tell mine is not going to last.