Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Embarrassing beginner question

Quote Originally Posted by Tankster View Post
    Holy crap thanks everyone!! I just got back from a two hour ride trying to get more acquainted. At some point I'd like to look as badass as the pics above but I'll take my time I took as much advice as possible and I don't think I made much progress today but one step at a time.

I always keep the gauge handy but the manual said 34 psi in the front and 36 in the back. I won't do any damage running them a bit lower? Thanks for the YouTube links too! I know what I'm watching over dinner tonight.
    You will have better traction , and handle better. listen to the Wickedchop.

Inactive
    i would be remiss if i failed to mention to a novice that inevitably the time will come when your bike will need "transported" somewhere for a multitude of possible reasons. mandatory requirements are transport vehicle, sturdy robust ramp, film crew, spectators, verbal directions from by-standers....and an "air of confidence" bordering on arrogance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bME88ZoFmAA

Lmfao John, I've worn my fair share of dirtbike handlebars to the chest from using half assed 2x6"s.......part of the game!

Thanks for the advice everyone! At $15 for the trailer rental at uhaul I don't think I'll be joining that club anytime soon.

I did what everyone suggested and it's helped immensely. I had my gf follow me in the truck the other day and said she was worried I'd fall over I'm leaning so much and hitting turns more agressively. I know I'm still a novice but I can see the benefit a track day could have now.

So thanks everyone and not just for responding to what I've posted. Whoever is maintaining this site my sincerest appreciation to you. Going through old threads have been a huge help and prevented me from spamming this board with even dumber questions than I have already.

This thread makes my happy...

Great advise from everyone I wholeheartedly agree about a few novice track days, and matching the tire pressure and suspension settings too your geared up weight and how you ride.

The track days will give you more skill, confidence, and safety than decades of street riding. Besides they are fun as sheet!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12