Thread: 2007 XB12Ss relay center disassembly

2007 XB12Ss relay center disassembly

So I am having connection problems in the female connections for my key switch relay.

I have replaced all the relays so the male ends are perfect. I cleaned out the female connectors with Kano Kroil and a wire brush and cleaned out the excess fluid with compressed air. The relay is clicking when I plug it in and the headlights come on, however the fuel pump is still not priming. It will occasionally if I get the relay in just the right position. Upon further inspection all of the female connectors are tight in the housing except for one. It is loose and and very wiggly in the housing.

Is the anyway to disassemble the relay center to get better access to the wires and connectors to clean them further and fix the loose connection into place? I already have slight access to the back by taking it off the two metal brackets. I'm looking more for taking the two pieces apart as there is a gap between the relay center and fuse block.

But in your other post where you asked the same exact question, you say all the relay outputs test fine?
    "It will occasionally if I get the relay in just the right position." That there is a clue you're on the right track, but could possibly be a connection NEAR the relay and not the relay or housing itself. Look at what else is moving and wiggle that.

The relays will wiggle in the housing because the terminals inside the housing move. Thats ok, as long as the terminals are clean and tight to the relay itself.

We are a small community here. Theres no need to post the same question several times, especially when your already getting answers in the other thread