Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2008 XB12Scg 9k miles

2008 XB12Scg 9k miles

I'm considering selling my 2008 Buell XB12Scg. It has roughly 9k miles on it. I JUST replaced the voltage regulator and put a new battery in it. I also JUST changed the oil (used Royal Purple) and filter as well. Then my fan started popping the fuse and it looks like some oil film found it's way into the fan so it's likely a rocker gasket that needs to be replaced. So I bought a new fan, James rocker gaskets, and figured I'd replace the plugs, plug wires, and O2 sensor as long as I'm in there. So I ordered all of those parts. A bike came up for sale that I'd REALLY like to have, so I figure if I can get $4k for my bike, I'd sell it as is with all the new parts. Oh, and new tires by the way, too. I have the low seat and a standard seat that's on it now. I also installed the right side air scoop and have the Buelltooth module installed as well. So if someone is looking for a good deal on a really good bike, here you go. If anyone is interested, let me know quickly. If the bike that I'm looking to buy sells before I sell this, I'll just keep the Buell....I love the bike but something came up that's pretty rare that I'd like to have. If it doesn't work out, no biggie....I'll just keep the Buell and put the new parts in it.

Let me know and thanks,

Warner
    Buell.jpg

Scratch that......the guy sold the bike that I wanted. Damn it. Oh well, I have the Buell and love it....just would have been a rare opportunity to own a bike that I wanted. No biggie....

Warner

I gotta know! What was the other bike???

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I gotta know! What was the other bike???
    It was a 1991 BMW K1

My other bike is also a classic. 1990 CBR1000F. The original Honda Hurricane. Still a great (and fast) bike:

Clean CBR.jpg

Lots of fun in your garage! Keep your eyes out, but the Buell is sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Lots of fun in your garage! Keep your eyes out, but the Buell is sweet
    Oh for sure! The Buell is awesome. It's the bike I always choose if I'm commuting to work or just goofing off locally. If I'm going more than about 200 miles or so, I hop on the CBR. The wind protection, storage, and comfort make the difference. That bike lopes along at 100 in total comfort, without even breathing heavy (so I'm told).

Warner

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Webbie View Post
    It was a 1991 BMW K1
    God must be watching over you. those turds were one of THE worst production motorcycles in history.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    God must be watching over you. those turds were one of THE worst production motorcycles in history.
    A friend of mine has one (has 9 bikes now), and he has 67k miles on it....it's been a good bike for him. They are also extremely rare. I hadn't heard anything negative about them. I know they were power limited (intentionally) but there is a way to disable that I believe. My friend's bike is not slow....not as fast as my CBR1000F, but still fast. Just a unique bike.....which is what I liked about it.

Warner

I seen one like this for sale today, do you have it listed somewhere, or did you sell it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast