Thread: Fixed rocker gaskets now have a new issue?

Fixed rocker gaskets now have a new issue?

So I have a 2007 xb12r it has a d&d exhaust, ebr ecm, k&n air filter, and a dobeck tfi on it. I just rotated the motor to replace the rear upper and lower rocker gaskets. Put everything back together drove it very conservatively to put in gas about 10 miles drive perfect. Got on the interstate took it up to 75 no issues, got off the interstate went to accelerate harder and it fell flat in it's face and started decelerating grabbed the clutch dropped a gear back to normal? Try to accelerate hard again in any gear bam it falls flat on it's face? It only accelerate again when I grab the clutch then it will go to any speed or rpm if you get there conservative... But twist the throttle to fast and it will decelerate? Any suggestions apparently the techs here at Tucson Harley have never even heard of Buells!

I'll been the first on to say absolutely remove the Dobeck. It is completely useless with the ECM installed except for the inappropriate over fueling.

Do you have any tools to diagnose it. ECMDroid? Fuel pressure gauge? Is the CEL on?

I would check inside the airbox to make sure you got the airhorn rubber gasket in the right spot.

It's all just a guess you'll have to go back over it and check all the connections and fuel lines. Maybe o2 sensor wire??
    Last edited by Cooter; 09-12-2017 at 09:31 PM.

For the air velocity stack I can't be sure that it's on all the way it's not perfectly smooth connection with throttle body but I couldn't get it on any further so I thought that was normal. I'll try to find my Buell tooth dongle when I get home to do a tps reset.

Took everything back apart rechecked all my connections, and reseated the velocity stack that thing is giving me real problems trying to seat it. I think the velocity stack was the problem took for test ride and bam we were in business. Thanks cooter....

Boom! That seal is tricky and surprisingly important!

Glad you found it, we got lucky but I'll take it! Cheers

Yup... That 478 missed call you have was me..

I wondered! Haha. I was driving a giant forklift, loading a machine on a semi. Couldn't be distracted and no message so...