Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Front braking issue

That is perfectly normal. That is what the springs are designed to do. I believe this give the rotor a "free floating" type characteristic and is suppose to assist with the heat dissipation/cooling of the rotor. It's also suppose to insure the pads contact the rotor evenly.
    I'm not an EBR engineer so I may be a little off on my analysis of the spring function. Don't crucify me.
    I will say that's exactly how my spring hardware functioned.

I haven't reread the entire thread but did you clean the rotor while you had everything apart?

What you have done is correct, with the EBR rotor mounts is a little different.

This kit replaces the stock front brake rotor mounting hardware. This mounting system increases the rotor to wheel contact, which improves the heat dissipating characteristics of the front brake system. It also reduces the brake drag of the system by keeping the rotor in better alignment in extended high temperature situations. These improvements provide more consistent lever feel for the racer. Recommended for use with: H0201C.08AZA 5MM FINNED FRONT BRAKE ROTOR H0201D.08AZ 6MM FRONT BRAKE ROTOR H0201.1B6 5MM FINNED FRONT BRAKE ROTOR. Also works with OE front brake rotor and offers improved heat dissipation over original hardware. Fits all XB and 1125 models.

http://www.erikbuellracing.net/store...nting-kit.html

Inactive
    item #74 in the schematic which is the factory rotor spring.....which installs into the rim hole at mounting point....is NOT used with the EBR hardware mounting kit. it is ONLY used with the OEM rotor mounting kit.7525_20110131101236_L.jpg

@Chicknstripn and @lunaticfringe. I have the OEM mounting kit not the EBR kit. Is this than still good?

To be honest of i think logically the bushing are fabricated together with the rotor as a set. The bushing thickeness is the only item that makes my rotor floats from the front wheel so my guess is that this is perfectly fine.

@Chicknstripn i cleaned my rotor system but i noticed Very quickly that the rotor was dammaged and the shape in the rotor was not alligned with the shape of the bushings anymore. This created free play of the rotor in the radial direction of the wheel

I was assuming you had replaced OEM hardware. My response was based on that.

I'd also assume that if the bushing receptacle(if you will) area of the rotor is worn so much that it doesn't properly hold the bushings, its time to replace the rotor. I do believe there is suppose to be some degree of movement between the bushing and the rotor. As you stated its part of the free floating design. Also, I believe the bushing are suppose to be installed in the rotor only one way. You might want to double check this. It's been a while since installed or messed with OEM hardware.

If you don't have a service manual go to www.buellmods.com and download one. That way you can get the correct info straight from the book.

Good luck

Chicken is right and describing stock hardware clearly.

There is good info here:
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...l-instructions

It covers bedding the pads properly after replacing or cleaning the rotor.
    I would also recommend only good pads such as EBC HH pads. Cheap ones will pulse if thats your issue. It's hard for me to decipher what your describing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12