Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rider down

Always sad news to hear of a "rider down".

Always a good opportunity to focus on the myriad near misses and general mayhem out on the road. Luck? Skill? bike type? being saved for a higher purpose? Don't ask me.

One thing for sure, bad odds on the bike, but according to the article I am pasting almost as many pedestrians get mowed down as motor bikers on an annual basis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...n_U.S._by_year.

Yeah, hopefully all of you will read the article, and likewise, I am sure all will get on their bikes at first opportunity and head out.

I used to use the following guideline as accurate -- regarding fatalities on motos, 1/3 new riders, 1/3 stoned and drunk, 1/3 bad luck. Sometimes a combination of all 3.

I have no advice except: check your tire pressures, keep decent rubber on the bike, don't get in over your head, stay sober and focused, don't ride stupid and wear decent riding gear. I guess that might be considered entry level advice.

I don't know if this will be of any help but, I was in a bad accident last November 6th 2016. Person made a left turn right in front of me, a car length away or less into a WaWa, I never had a chance. In the investigation, it indicated that she never bothered to look if anything was coming the opposite way, I could have been a cement truck !

I only bring this up because while I was laid up, I bought my 2007 SS, it's in our DNA to ride, I would rather go on to the next place than give up my riding motorcycles, though it's really hard on those left behind, he was doing something he really loved ! I'm a little older than he was, so this is possibly more of what it would have been from his perspective.

Rest in peace brother.
    Last edited by njloco; 09-30-2017 at 03:45 PM.

Very sorry for you and your family's loss. As far as considering giving up riding, I've thought about it too. With two kids and being our main income, even getting badly injured would be a huge burden, but one could get hurt (or die) just as easy in a car or while boating or falling down the stairs. So, I choose to "live" while I'm alive. Something to consider. Again sorry for your loss, my heart goes out to you guys.

Damn Sean sorry to hear of your loss, my thoughts are with you and your family!

Prayers for you and your family brother.

Sorry for you loss....hopefully hes motoring along in a better place!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12