Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 03 XB9S TPS reset problems

Quote Originally Posted by tokinbuller View Post
    So let me ask, are you able to see your tps value drop to zero in Spy? Or are you just backing it all the way out with no data at all?

Well that’s def your starting point. Fix that and get your tps set properly. Are you able to check your AFV value? I’m curious what it’s at with your filter on there, and in combo with your potential intake leak.
    The surge sounds like your grounds may be loose. I just had this issue myself. Check all your grounds. I’d unscrew them and clean and reinstall nice and tight.
    I've heard of the grounding issue, I'll try that. I can't view any live data in spy right now, but when I first connected it, it did read live. the tps read 22 until I dropped it to zero, when it read for a while. May be a loose nut connected to the computer keyboard... I'll figure out the spy issue and go from there.

I've got the tps reset. Figured out my live data issue... It was just the little key button at the top left, the online/offline thing. Felt kinda dumb, being a computer guy.But it's happily idling at 1100 rpm. I need to order some new plugs and wires, change those out, and then figure out my grounding issues. I had a few codes that were all ground related, so I'll sort those out in time. Overall, it runs much better now. Thanks for the advice!

Also, with stock exhaust and k&n filter, afv is at 94%

Nice. Glad you got it figured out. Check the grounds under your seat as their easy to check. I’ve had my battery cables rattle loose, as well as the ground to the left of the battery.

Still check for intake leaks. Do the testing. I have a hunch your power cuts while cruising is ground related. Just find the loose one.
    After you get these fixed keep an eye on how she runs. If your power delivery is still sluggish keep an eye on your AFV. If it’s at 94% chances are during some operating conditions it could be dropping lower, possibly in the 80s which will def affect power delivery and feel extremely sluggish when trying to get on it.

Thanks, will do. It is quite sluggish when opening it up at low rpms. More sluggish than it should be at least.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12