Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hiccup / stutter / misfire / intake backfire

When you have your race tune in are you using a stock exhaust? air filter? Is it a IDS tune ? or did the PO load it ? Did the PO give you a ecm spy cable or dongle.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/391908836131?rmvSB=true

http://idspd.com/xcart/products-buell/xb12#pageId=1
    Last edited by Silverrider; 10-19-2017 at 02:48 PM.

The first link came up blank ?
    The second is good, they only list ECM's for 2008-2010 ? With the exception of the plug in, hard wire diagnostic tool, what about all the earlier model ECM's.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    The first link came up blank ?
    The second is good, they only list ECM's for 2008-2010 ? With the exception of the plug in, hard wire diagnostic tool, what about all the earlier model ECM's.
    Thx Kenny.

Hawk exahust, K&N filter. What gets me is the issue is exactly the same on the stock / race ecu, but the race ecu has noticeably better power. I have the bluetooth dongle and ECM droid, just have the trauma from the last time I tried messing with the maps.

Good point , What gets me is the issue is exactly the same on the stock / race ecu,

http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...er-at-cruising

Now... to find the cable and not screw it up...

Found the cable. The results make no sense though. Logged a particularly bad 5 min ride earlier and pulled the plugs... they looked just fine. Every time I do the VE Analyzer, it removes fuel from the area I'm having issues with. As usual, I'm completely lost with the tuning.

Quote: "the last ulysses i owned was a late 2009 that was still a "single O2 sensor" model. had precisely the same incredibly annoying cold temp low speed herky-jerky misfire PITA rideability issues you just described. i tried 1 tps reset...did breather re-route...iridium NGK plugs...dedicated ground wire from coil mounting bolt to negative cable frame point...the list was endless. guess what solved it once and for all: one of those stupid little inexpensive tuning chips that plugged in between the O2 sensor and main harness purchased as a last resort because of the insufferable rideability. sadly i don't recall where i purchased it or the brand but the bike ran flawlessly from that point on."

I had similiar succes just recently with an AF-Xied unit on my '09. I stole it from one of my BMWs on which it made a huge difference and it worked just as well on the Uly.

Details here: http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buel...tml?1507342968

Supposedly not applicable to pre 2008 Buell ECUs but I'd look into that... seems modifying the signal from the O2 sensor would work on any ECU.

Typically those are a simple 3¢ resistor to lower the o2 signal voltage and trick the ECM into making the entire fuel map an untested and unregulated amount richer.

I'm glad your impression is that it worked for you, but I would highly recommend not doing that. It's like painting the Mona Lisa with a roller.

817738 by Cooter!, on Flickr

Moose, If both ECM's seem to have the same exact problem, wouldn't that eliminate 'tuning' as the culprit? Lets do some data logging and diagnosis to fix it first, before this can 'o tuning worms is too far open.
    Last edited by Cooter; 11-03-2017 at 12:08 AM.

Banned
    Perform intake leakage test.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast