Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Bueller!

I'm in Tucson if you want to take a ride to Mt. Lemmon or some other good rides I know pm me. O yeah congratulations and welcome.

Here's some pics of the bike! The paint job is a bit ugly (flat black, it looks better in pictures) and there's some rash marks on the right side(timing cover shorn off ) but it runs fine!
    Regarding the mx bars, I like them and they're pretty darn comfortable, but the throttle cable is too short(still stock) and the installed hydraulic clutch line is also a bit short. I'll post later if I sell them.
    Also, I have to say that the front brakes really suck on my bike. I've ordered a new set of pads(galfer) and have already bled, but I have to use all four fingers to get it to stop. With the caliper off only one piston was really moving with the brake lever pressed. Is a disassembly and cleaning in order?
    IMG_20171112_162601046_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20171112_162542626.jpg
    IMG_20171112_162530958_HDR.jpg

The brakes on these bikes are up to par with the latest bikes out there, so you shouldn't have to put that much effort into stopping. You can upgrade to the ZTL2 8 piston caliper if you want. I've found it cheaper to buy it new (they come loaded) than what most people want for used junk.

Step 1: get EBC HH pads and PM Lunatic for them.
    Step 2: disassemble the caliper and see whats up (a little honing goes a long way), flush the system (because no one EVER does) and be sure to bed the pads properly after they are on.

So by honing you mean cleaning off the pistons? So, for example getting some fine sandpaper and polishing them out? Also, if a rebuild (new seals, pistons, etc.) is needed, have any sources for a rebuild kit? Twin motorcycles has it for $$, but wanted to know if there are any other sources with a kit for this particular 6 piston caliper. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12