Thread: First bike in a while

First bike in a while

Just picked up a used Firebolt XB9R this week. My first bike in 7 years. Super pumped. Last motorcycle was an 1125R, and I must say the Firebolt is much less refined.
    Bike has been abused a fair bit, looks like it was dropped, fixed, and repainted do-it-yourself style. Frame has a ding in it, and there's a small fuel leak coming from the left side (maybe from being crashed, not sure?) Speedo doesn't work, so the true miles are unknown. Anyways, it starts up everytime and rides fine, and I only paid $1500 for it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I started off with worse. Get friendly with Lance @ New Castle maybe pay another 1500.00 in parts and trim. Take your time, get a service manual, make it fun and you too can end up with a beautiful machine and not lose any money if you sold it.

Welcome to the board btw.
    Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by midway; 11-10-2017 at 11:07 PM.

Inactive
    Get friendly with Lance @ New Castle

you're speaking of lance kugler who's in parts at st. paul H-D.....NOT new castle H-D..... and is very buell friendly. his contact info is: lkugler@stpaulhd.com
    New Castle H-D in western PA. a great dealership as well....one of the best and also buell friendly. ask for shane or eric.
    Last edited by user_deleted; 11-11-2017 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    Get friendly with Lance @ New Castle

you're speaking of lance kugler who's in parts at st. paul H-D.....NOT new castle H-D..... and is very buell friendly. his contact info is: lkugler@stpaulhd.com
    New Castle H-D in western PA. a great dealership as well....one of the best and also buell friendly. ask for shane or eric.
    http://stores.ebay.com/St-Paul-Harle...p2047675.l2563
    Last edited by Silverrider; 11-11-2017 at 02:02 PM.

Corrected... yep another link, same dude https://www.sphdonline.com/

"Less refined" is exactly what makes them so damn cool. Congrats on the bike and welcome to the forum!